Jun 8, 2012

PKS 3D Challenge: You've Been Framed

Happy Friday! TGIF

Today is my Groups Day to post challenge Inspiration over at Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge Blog
The Challenge Project is to Create a 3d Project featuring a FRAME and your Peachy Keen Stamps

For my Project I decided to Alter a Frame that I had purchased at Michaels. These usually run about $1 and can be found with the wooden crafts section

Untitled

For my project I started with a piece of Kraft Cardstock which I modge Podged onto the Frame. I smoothed that out and let it dry.Then cut out the excess paper using my x-acto Knife.I die cut out some chevron shapes from DCWV All about Girls Stack and modge podged them onto the frame. Once again I let them dry then cut out the excess paper using my x-acto Knife. A Final Layer of Modge Podge over the frame seals the paper.

 I used some Apple Barrel White Acylic Paint and painted some twirls and my Daughter's initals PSG onto the frame. I then waited for it to dry and covered with a light layer of Modge podge

Using Pearl Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist I sprayed some sheets from The DCWV All About Girls stack, and let them Dry. I then used my Cameo & Lettering Delights Quilled Flowers SVG Set, in order to create the 3d flowers. . The flowers were sized in my Make the Cut Software between 4-4.75 inches I hot glued the flowers onto the frame to make sure they were really glued.

**The flowers were so easy to assemble. Just roll and glue**

I tied a Bow with some fun Glittery Blue Ribbon and added a Button Threaded with some Pink Timeless Twine baker's twine.

I added my little dancer from PKSC-06 June 2012 which I colored with my Prismacolor Pencils and cut out.  I added some sparkle using Sticklers then added my little stamp on an Action Wobble which I also hot glued onto the frame for added stability

I hope you like this project and that it inspires you.

Make sure you visit the Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge Blog to link up your project and check out the other design team inspiration. Thank you.

 

3 comments:

Glora said...

This turned out SO BEAUTIFUL! You did an amazing job on it. Love that little fairy and the colors! Hugs- Glora

Migdalia said...

Great job!!!Fabulous Frame!

Evethmoon Crafty Creations said...

I am new here, I found your blog while blog hopping. I love all your cards they are so beautiful. I am your newest follower. Hugs.