Jun 15, 2012

Scrappy Moms Stamps Sneak Peeks Day 1

Happy Friday
Today is the start of a release weekend of Scrappy Moms Stamps.  They are releasing two fantastic Stamp sets this weekend, and I just wanted to share with you just a few projects I created with them

My First Project is using the new release "Mom's Diner" this is a food themed Stamp set but it can be used for so much more than just food.

For example check out this Fantastic Fathers Day card that I created using the Sentiment *Hey Pop!*

Untitled

Inside I am featuring sentiments from  "Girls just want to have fun"  (You've got style) and "All in the Family" (Happy Father's Day)

For my Second Project I am using the Proudly Canadian Stamp set. I am sure this is one you Canadian Fans will appreciate as it was made just for you. This would be great for use in making projects for Canada Day!

I am not Canadian by any means but I just love this Stamp set. I live about 5 mins from the US- Canada Border right on Lake Erie and have enjoyed several trips to Canada in my more youthful days. I also live in a big hockey town and my dad is a huge Vancoover Canucks Fan too (Don't get me wrong He ♥ The Buffalo Sabres too!) Tim Hortons is pretty big here as well (it's a coffee place) and are more frequently spotted than Starbucks.

So here is my project.. Once again I am not Canadian but I couldn't resist.

Untitled


I started out with a A2 Size Piece of Kraft Cardstock and layered it with a 4x5.25 Piece of red. I then took a 3.75x 5 Piece of White cardstock and stamped it with the Sentiment I♥Canada. I duplicated this sentiment evenly over the entire cardstock piece using SU Cherry Cobbler Ink. In the spaces between the sentiments I stamped the small maple leaf in SU Cherry Cobbler as well. And somewhat quickly made my own Canadian Pattern Paper.


I had a scrap lying around of Kraft cardstock so forgive me of I dont know the dimensions, so I cut it to 5.5 width and Punched it using an EK Success border punch. I then threaded some Cherry & Bright White Timeless Twine through the scalloped border punch and wrapped it around the Kraft and tied it in a bow

I cut the little Maple Leaf in my Make the Cut software and Stamped it with Peachy Keen Stamps Princess faces. Some doodling and stickles on the cheeks finishes off the card

I hope you enjoyed my projects! Please join our the rest of the Scrappy Moms Stamps Design Team, including our June Guest Designer  while we showcase the new release for you!

Dawnica-  June Guest Designer


Have a Great Friday!

11 comments:

Nicole Wright Designs said...

That stamped paper blows me away! I grew up in Vancouver and the Island so the Canucks are crazy! Good for your Dad!

Lezlye said...

Great Cards Cristina!

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

Great cards, Cristina!! I love that you make background paper - it's perfect! And don't you just love those little origami shirts - they are so fun to make! :D

- Mel

Rosie said...

love both cards!!!

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

buglvr2010 said...

The stamped bg is just fabulous! I love both of your cards!

scrappy critters said...

SUPER cute cards... LOVE them!
♥Tammy

Live Love and Scrap said...

When I first saw your Canada card....I thought that is the PERFECT paper....then I realized you stamped it!!! AMAZING!!!

both cards are just great!!!

Hope you are doing well!
hugs,
Sarah

Lorie said...

Fabulous cards, Cristina! I LOVE them both!!

bonnie said...

So fun sweetie...love the shirt card...fabulous for father's day and cute lil' maple leaf! ;) Hugs x

Dawnica said...

Love your cards! The Father's Day card is too cute! Too funny your Proudly Canadian card is similar to mine, I just haven't post it yet. Great job!

Life and Knits said...

Amazing cards! Love the Canada Day one! Very nice!!