Mar 26, 2010

1st Crop Night @ Michaels **updated 2/2/11

 Hey Friends,

This is a very popular post that is often google searched. So if you are coming to my blog for the first time. Welcome..my website has grown and branched since I wrote this post over a year ago. I now focus on video tutorials for cardmaking and scrapbooking. Please feel free to visit my mail page here after reading this post.

Since I have first attended the crop night at michaels, I go every month. I find that it is fun to get out of the house I enjoy the social interaction with people who enjoy the same hobby as I do.

I have made great friends in my area and love just sharing my projects. Now adays I bring 1-2 projects to work on and end up talking the entire time.

My michaels has a cricut expression and a few cartridges(5) so I usually bring my gypsy. They have a ton of different colored cardstock available for people to use. They also have heat guns, xyron machines, a cuttlebug and a sizzix (with tons of dies).

If you are curious what tools your michaels has, you're best off callling before you go into the crop night to make sure you have everything you need to finish your project.

My micheals usually has crop night starting at 3pm and ending at store closing (9pm) but I usually go around 5pm and that is more than enough time for me to get some things done. They have a few  large tables set up and a handful of the same people show up at my crop night so there is always more than enough room to set up your supplies.

If you have any questions regarding crop night at michaels, please feel free to email me and I can help you out, when it doubt contact your local store.

Hugs

Cristina



 **** here is the original post*****

Tonight is my first Crop night ever. Hosted at Michaels. I have never been to one before ( I feel like such a newbie) anyways I am staying up late tonight trying to figure out what to pack, then doing some quick page planning, figuring out what pictures, papers i need. and then hopefully doing all of my cricut cut outs during the day. It's been really difficult because hub has been sick a few days and i'm not sure how "up-to" he'll be for watching our baby girl during the day. (she's 5 1/2 months). I just want to make sure he is well rested for 5-9:45 when i will be running out of the house like a bat out of hell.

I'm very excited. Ok so here is what I have packed in my bag so far. Sorry if I'm getting all these names wrong.
  • 12 inch Trimmer with both the scoring and cutting blade (Cricut)
  • Craft Knife & a  Paper piercer thingy (Making Memories)
  • Self Healing Cutting mat (Purple Cows)
  • Free style Decorater w/ circle and straight guides (Purple Cows)
  • Quick Dry Adhesive, pop dots, photo squares
  • Journaling Pens & Templates 
  • Pencil, Eraser cube and Sharpener( I mark down things before i cut)
  • Distress ink in Tea Dye and Black Soot (Tim Holtz)
  • Sanding Block (Making Memories)
  • Cutterbee Scissors
  • Piercing mat (Bazzil)
I'm not sure what tools I should bring other than that.. 

I'm only bringing enough paper for a few projects i wanna work on. Trying to limit to one medium sized bag. NOT bringing my album because that alone is a chunker.

Any advice on this would be fantastic. Oh it's 4 hours long if that helps

2 comments:

JanR said...

Okay, I'm lmao right now. I'm going to my very first crop tonight too!!!!!! So I can't give you any advice. I will say this, I'm probably going to refer to your list so I'll know what to take to my crop. (I could say so much more about this but this is your blog not mine!)

Have fun tonight! Don't worry too much about your dh and dd, they'll by just fine. (Speaking from experience here.)

Proxies Century said...

All birthday very good start for a birthday invitation. Birthday invitation does not mean only the recipient the essential information about what, where and when he creates the mood and spirit of the event. Create anticipation! If things went right, everyone gets a birthday invitation to get in the right place at the right time, and protective clothing in a spirit of connection. This article is a useful guide for all those who send birthday invitations. The great website you should visit www.firstbirthdayinvitations.biz