Mar 27, 2010

recap of First Crop Night.

I had a really great time minus the calls and texts to DH to check on the baby. It all started with one phone call during the middle of the crop, asking how things were going. Then i heard my little one crying in the background and suddenly I began to worry. :(  Now that I look back I think it's funny how worried I was ( DH couldn't find the baby food, for some reason he thought i kept it in her room, silly bily) I guess this is a common thing for new mothers to get a little bit of anxiety once seperated from their child for the first few times.

The set up of the Crop was great, I had a huge table all to myself. I did end up bringing my cricut, and cutting mats. And thank goodness i did that, they had a cricut for everyone to use but not a cutting mat, and a Computer usb wire for people using mtc, design studio, or SCAL. Now i know that I bring my cricut accessorties, gypsy, and wires and mat, but NOT my cricut.

They also had a sissix and cuttlebug for everyone to use and the little folders. BUT they did not have many embossing folders. The woman hosting the crop was suprised at my scrapbooking since i had a few layouts already started and she called me "hardcore" when i Whipped out my ATG gun. hahaha. I didn't think i was a hardcore scrapbooker but i guess i am?!

Anyhoo. I was able to complete 2 pages ( minus journaling and a title on the other) as well as made 4 cute little bee cards.  I made them as a thank you to my aunt for making my little one a beautiful quilt. I always make 4 cards at once because  you never know when you're going to need a cute little card and it's easy peasy to just do all the cutting gluing at once... instead of the other option, running around like a chicken with your head cut off, rummaging through paper and glue trying to make something up last minute.. or maybe that's only me???


When i was scrapping at the crop I realized I had left my giant picfolio at home so I only had a limited amount of photos to play around with *sad sad sadface* so this is what I had done


  I wiill post more pictures once i finish them 100% once i look around for the rest of the pictures.
Also I'm going to post up a complete crop packing list of what I brought and what to bring next time.. just so I can have it ( I already signed up for next month's crop).. also have to post some stuff about TIM Holtz class. :)

Here is what i was able to accomplish in 4 hours, well more like 3 because i spent alot of time too worried to create.




0 comments: