Sep 8, 2012

Timeless Twine Challenge: Scraplift w/ videos!

Hey my crafty friends.

It's Challenge time over at Timeless twine and this Month it's a Scraplift.

What is a scraplift? Using someone else's project for inspiration, but making it your own.

This Month we are challenging YOU to take a look at the design Team projects previously posted on the Timeless Twine Blog, and to create your own project.

Please just make sure to link to the project you used as inspiration

Here are the specifics

*********Challenge details***********
Theme: Scrap Lift
Must "Scrap Lift" a project from the Timeless Twine blog.
Must reference (link) project that was scrap lifted in your blog post.

 Colors: Any colors
Shapes: What ever shape strikes you creativity =D
 
Embellishments: Timeless Twine of course =D  (If you haven't had a chance to purchase Timeless Twine yet, you may substitute with embroidery floss, hemp, yarn, etc.)
You can purchase Timeless Twine here.
 
Project MUST be new.

Deadline for challenge entries will be Sept 30, 2012 11:59pm (EST)
Winner will win a spool of Timeless Twine in the color of their choice (in-stock colors only).

For my project I was inspired by a card that My Design Team sister Jenny made Here

Jenny's Project- My design Inspiration


Orginally I wanted to try to make the twine diecuts, but after several failed attempts I decided to just copy her simple layout. I wanted to try to the clean and simple approach to cardmaking as my cards can be very involved with many layers.

Jenny used two pattern papers, one as a base and the other as a strip across and here is my attempt to replicate that simple clean style.

Untitled
My project using Jenny's layout as inspiration. As you can see, I made it my own!


I went through my scraps and found some cardstock that would make a really nice card. I actually made some videos of my design process here, as well as a very detailed video of my coloring incase you were curious how I created such detailed shading on my project

My videos are divided in two parts because believe it or not this card was super time consuming






All stamps from Peachy Keen Stamps
All papers are from Recollections- available at Michael's
Pattern paper is from the Recollections Autumn Splendor


Hope you like it have a great day



1 comments:

Rosie said...

both cards are awesome!!! love they twine one


rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogsot.com