Mar 12, 2013

St. Patty's Day Card #1

I made some cards over the weekend.

I decided to go ahead and participate in some challenges, So i'm going to have to put each of the cards on separate blog posts.

I am  adding this project to the Simon Says Stamp " A Bit O' Green" Challenge and the Peachy Keen Stamps Photo Inspiration Challenge 

The challenge is to use the following photo as inspiration for a project


I saw the color pallet and instantly thought St. Patty's Day, if you look at the photo you can just smell the scent of Irish Spring Soap in the air :)


DSCN2296
I started off with a A2 sized card stock, and using my Martha Steward Scoreboard, I scored the cardstock at an angle at each 1/2 inch interval for the entire lenth of the card. I then Rotated the card 90 degrees and proceeded to score the cardstock at 1/2 inch intervals again.

The result is a beautiful textured background

I added some brown Polka dot pattern paper from Recollections Simply Autumn

I also used the following shapes from Silhouette Online Store:  

pinch proof shamrock  (Design #39327)

I Cut one of the Artisan Faux Stiches out of red cardstock and the pinch proof shamrock I used just the scalloped circle/layer and banner. I also scored the layering piece of the scalloped circle to make it match the background

I changed out the shamrock to use PPPR Shamrock Faces Cutting File because I much prefered the shape of this shamrock.

For the face I used PK-146 Piles of Smiles 1" I colored it in with my white Gel pen and my Prismacolor Pencils

and the sentiment comes from PKSC-02 February 2012 I just Masked off "on" from the stamp that reads "On St. Patty's Day" which I stamped in SU Garden Green Ink

I finished the card with just a bow of Olive Green Timeless Twine

Hope you like this card!



6 comments:

Cassandra said...

So cute! Love the embossing and the happy face is awesome! Thanks for joining us in this week's Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge. :)

Mandy said...

Fabulous card Christina, super cute image and great use of your MS scoreboard.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Rosie said...

super cute card
rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scaplovingminis.blogspot.com
Blogging It Foward

sweetpeaemmalou said...

This is so cute! A great St. Patrick's Day card! Thanks for joining us in this week's PK Photo Inspiration Challenge!

Cindy Beland said...

SUPER CUTE st.Patrick's day card!great job with the embossing and the layers,looks AWESOME!!!Thanks for joining us in this week's Challenge at Peachy Keen Stamps!!!:)

Unknown said...

Love your St. Paddy card Cristina!! You rocked the challenge! How lovely to have you play along with us at Peachy Keen again this week. Hugs Viv xxx