Apr 2, 2012

April PKS Stamp of the Month Sneak Peeks

Hey Friends

Today is my day to post sneak Peeks for the latest PKS Stamp of the month club kit releases. This release is so fun. Intitally when I saw it, I totally thought it was a new style for PKS but then after playing with it. I decided that it can be so peachy cute, and so peachy sophisticated as well.

This set works great with Both masculine and feminine projects too.

Here are my two projects I am sharing today.

This first is a card, Yes I know I know. I make too many cards, but I promise next week when it's my Posting day for PKS I have the cutest layout to share with you!!

Untitled


Both the main image and the sentiment come from the April Stamp of the Month Club Kit. This card is aprox 4.75x 5.75. I sized it so that it would be sized to the stamp. I didn't want it to be too big of a card.  The paper is from Basic Grey offbeat collection (my favie discontinued paper) and I used some SU simply Charteruse ribbon.

I rouched it along the edges of the Mat. I stamped my block on brown AC cardstock and colored him using a paintbrush and reinkers for SU Soft Suede and Tim Holtz Frayed Burlap Inks. I paper pieced the face in kraft cardstock , stamped it in SU crumb cake ink for the clock face (numbers), then in Basic Black I added an actual face.

For my second project I made a book using my Bind It all.

Untitled



This book is top binded 4.25 x 5.5 sized pages. the Cover is a 1/4 inch larger. I used Cereal boxes covered in Kraft for the cover, and All the paper is from American Crafts.  The blue Polka dot has red on the reverse side and is from the Craft Fair Collection (probably discontinued because i've had it forever) the green is also from the same pack.

The Alarm Clock and Face are both from the Stamp of the Month Main Kit and the Dacquiri & Sentiment  is from one of the many cute add-on kits. This is to show that they can be used together or seperately. 
The lemon Paper is from American Crafts Every day paper pack. IF you look closly to the red cardstock you will see a preview of one of the awesome backgrounds that is coming out from PKS.

The whole thing is binded with 5/8 O wire. And lets just say this is a thick little book. I plan on brining this to work to I can remember that it's 5'O clock somewhere.. (I also get out of work at 5:00 too )

I punched a small strip using the fiskars threading water punch, and added some Olive Green Twine from Timeless Twine.

Hope you love it. Make sure you check out the rest of the design team for more inspiration!

hugs!

8 comments:

Karen said...

omg ADORABLE!

Saundra said...

These are both wonderful, Cristina!

Rosie said...

both projects are adorable


rosiemini@gmail.com

Glora said...

These are both just perfect! I LOVE them SO much!!!! Awesome job! Hugs- Glora

Cassandra said...

Great job!!! Can't wait to see the whole release! Thanks for making two different things :)

Houses Built of Cards said...

ADORABLE Cristina!!! Love your colors on both of them - so bright and fun and happy!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Jennie Garcia said...

Awesome Projects!! You always use awesome papers!! I LOVE what you did with the ribbon :0)
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Annie's Paper Boutique | Trendy Twine said...

Cute card. Love the ribbon and the colors.

Lesley @ Trendy Twine