Jul 7, 2012

Timeless Twine Purple Passion Release!

Today I am sharing with you a project I made for the Timeless Twine Newest Release Purple Passion.



If you haven't tried timeless twine before, let me tell you it's fantastic. It's soft and the colors are vibrant, overall it's a fantastic quality.



Here my project that I made using the newest Timeless Twine Release.


Untitled

 For this layout I was inspired by something similar that I saw in Scrapbooks Etc Magazine, but I decided to put my own spin on the project. Using my Silhouette Cameo I cut out a folder file that I had purchased forever ago, and altered the shape by welding a fancy shape as the tab.  Inside I decided to add all of my journaling and alot more pictures from her birthday party. .

I tied it closed using some Timeless Twine Purple Passion Twine and decorated the front using various stamps.I measured across the frong of the folder with my Tsquare and then cut out a Lori witlock studio file title and added it to the front of the folder.

 For the little banner I used my brayer and inked up a white scrap with some Daffodil delight ink, I inked it very haphazardly so it looked a little more patterned. I then stamped on the triangle banner stamp from peachy keen stamps and added the letters on each banner with my Doodlebug designs Alphabet Stamp.  I then threaded some timeless twine through the banner which I then secured with two tiny pieces of Target Brand Washi Tape.

To decorate the page I use some discontinued AC Pattern paper that I had in my stash and  added the reverse punched out with a scallop punch.  After I completly had assemebled the layout I went back in with my paper piercer and piercing mat and created a zig zag pattern.

This was a little time consuming but totally worth it. I love the way it came out. By the way stitching with Twine does use up alot. So I highly suggest if you are short on your stash that you DO NOT thread the needle like you would with regular sewing but rather use one knot at the end of a single string and then thread your darner needle and tape the other end to the twine using a tiny piece of tape.

I did not use that technique but used it on another card project I made just before this one. You can check out that project here

I hope you like this project it has alot going on but still came out very clean and simple looking

11 comments:

Maureen said...

Super cute and very creative uses of twine! I also like how you altered the folder to add the fancy tab!

Emily H said...

Aw! So so cute!

Aman said...

Very cute layout! I am a long-time fan of your work and glad to see you designing with twine!

amanbains1 at gmail dot com

by belle said...

So cute!!

Shorty Creations said...

Such an adorable layout!!! And I LOVE that purple. Gotta get some ;)

lots of love,
www.shortycreations.com

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

Very cute layout! :)

- Mel

Cathy said...

the layout and the little girl are too too cute!!
cathyplus5.blogspot.com

Sue D said...

I like how you used the twine on your lovely layout!
slrdowney at hotmail dot com

Angela said...

Super cute layout!!

Randi said...

I love the purple twine and your projects, they are so pretty.

mamawcindy said...

Your Layout is so Cute! Love how you used the Twine! Love the Purple! :0)
cindymarshall63 at hotmail dot com