Aug 13, 2012

Timeless Twine Food Challenge

Hey Papercrafters,

I just wanted to do a quick post about the challenge that is currently going on over at the Timeless Twine Blog. Super Fun and Easy..

If you have yet to submit a project there is still plenty of time left to join in!

Challenge details:

Theme: Summer Foods
Embellishments: Timeless Twine of course  (If you haven't had a chance to purchase Timeless Twine yet, you may substitute with embroidery floss. You can purchase Timeless Twine here.
Project MUST be new.

Deadline for challenge entries will be August 26, 2012 11:59pm (EST)
Here is the project that I submitted for the Design Team Inspiration for you. 

Untitled


I hate to say this but this layout took me MONTHS to complete. It all started with a sketch that I had one saw in Scrapbooks ETC and I had punched out all the circles in the various pattern papers  (Basic Grey-Urban Prairie) and adhered them to the cardstock. Then I couldn't figure out what photos to use in the layout so weeks went by and I found these photos in my stash. I trimmed them and adhered them onto White Mats (also from Basic Grey Urban Prairie) but couldn't decide what do as far as embellishments and a title so It sat for a few more weeks until I got word of this challenge for Timeless Twine.

I then added some Pink Timeless Twine onto the white mats using some Scotch Quick Dry. Dug through my scraps to find some White Ric-Rac.

The Title I created in Make-the-Cut using some fonts I found online "Blackout" and "Simply Glamorous"

The Simply Glamorous font was way too thin to cut, so I created a slightly thicker version using the Shadow Layer Function in make the cut. Much More easier to work with.

The Title is actually 2 layer pieces and I will be sharing the free svg  file on my facebook page later this week if you are interested. So be on the look out!!

I then just added a big Pink Bow, A black button and some more Pink Timeless Twine and a little tid bit of Journaling using my Smashbook Label Maker and Smashbook Date Stamp

And that is the whole  project. Looks simple enough but it took me month's to complete :)

I hope you enjoyed this project, and Please make sure to stop by the Timeless Twine Blog to join in the Challenge, and check out the other design team inspiration.

I'm also adding this project to the Simon Says Stamp Challenge. 
My Combination for the challenge is Buttons/Die-cut/Ribbon

2 comments:

Crafty Moni said...

Your layout is super cute! Great choice on waiting to see what pictures to use:)

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.

Lisa Carroll said...

This is adorable! Perfect color choices, and I love that ribbon/button accent in the corner! What a cutie pie. :) Thank you for playing along in the bingo challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xx