Aug 31, 2012

PKS Challenge #33: Anything Goes

Hey Peachies


Today is another Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge, and the Theme is ANYTHING GOES (as long as you use your peachy keen stamps)

THE CHALLENGE
Create a project using Peachy Keen Stamps. Anything goes!
We'll be awarding "TOP PEACH" to the player who uses their Peachy Keen Stamps this week and  our two runner ups will receive a spiffy badge to display on their blog!


Guidelines:
- Design must be new
- Link up by 9/5 - 11:59 pm EST



This week I totally have fall on my mind. Maybe it's the days getting shorter, the slightly cooler weather or the fact that we are on the verge of a very Autmn Peachy Keen Stamps Mega Release

Or maybe it's because the stores are stocked up with new fall papers. Either way, I was totally motivated to create an autumn theme project


DSCN1470
For some reason this is photographed really bright. Sorry it it hurts your eyes. I couldn't find a way to fix it



 I used Recollections Autumn Splendor Paper Pack that I also used in this layout and this card last fall. this is one of the best Autumn Paper packs that I have ever seen. Plus the price point is nice

I cut strips of paper at 3/4" x 6" and then mounted them on a piece of 4" x 5 1/2" computer paper using a scotch glue stick. I then trimmed off the excess. I adhered that onto a piece onto my Kraft Card base. I also sewed the card a bit using my sewing machine

I used PKS-05 Scarecrow Girl for my Image (stamped on a piece of 3x4 cardstock), and one of the included faces stamped using Black Ranger Archival Pigment ink and colored it in with my Prismacolor Pencils. I rounded the edges with my Corner Chomper

I inked the edges of my main image with  SU Pumpkin Spice and SU Crumb Cake ink  and mounted it on a piece of 3 1/4" x 4 1/2" white cardstock which I also rounded the edges with my corner chomper.


I took a 4 inch white paper Doily and folded it into 6 triangles (fold and score in half 3 times) then cut the triangles apart. I then adhered the triangles on the back of the white cardstock using a scotch glue stick to make a lace border. I then added the finished image to the front of my card using Pop dots

 I added a Raffia bow to the front main image using my hot glue gut. Some stickles on my scarecrow girl's cheek's and it's all finished.


Hope you like my project and it inspires you to join in the challenge.

Please make sure to hop on over the PKS  Challenge Blog to submit your own project and check out the other design Team inspiration

have a great day! (and long weekend for those of you who are off of work on Monday too!)


Also Peachy Keen Stamps this weekend is having their biggest sale ever 
31% OFF starting 08/31 at midnight CDT.
Runs through Monday, September 3rd!

Click here to Shop now!


I am also adding this project to the Simon Says Stamp Challenge : Anything goes

3 comments:

Glora said...

This is SUPER cute. It totally puts me in the mood for fall. YAY! Hugs- Glora

cheiron said...

What a sweet fall card! Thank you for playing along with the Anything Goes Challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Crafty Moni said...

So cute! Love the colors you used:)

Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
Monica L.