Jun 30, 2010

Episode 27: Triangle Trifold Invitation Card

Hey there again my friends,

I am proud to finally do a viewer request video. This request comes from a Stephanie D  "Well - I have 2 parties coming up and I really want to make my own announcement and invitations but just having a creative mental block for both. :-/ Any ideas?"

So I decided to make a simple invitation that could be customized for any given event. I made a 3 1/2 3 1/2 square card that is easy to mass produce yet is fun to make and fun to receive.
I added an hot embossed "Your'e invited" and the card is done.

The inside has just enough room to insert computer generation invitation information, or even to use an invitation stamp.

The card would be sent in a standard A2 size envelope

Supply Credits
Red Cardstock -Papertreyink Pure Poppy Cardstock
Blue Cardstock  (in final product)- We R Memory Keepers Teen Angst Stack (Scrap)
White Cardstock-  The Paper Studio
Pattern Paper- Papertrey ink Beautiful Blooms 6x6 stack
Embossing Pad- Craft Smart Michaels Brand ( Seriously smells delicious and works well)
Embossing Powder- Stampendeous, Black
Ribbon- Michaels Basic Black Satin Ribbon


I just wanted to add a tip here**** when using satin ribbon that has a tendency to fray, if you just take a bic lighter and light the edges just slightly, it will melt upon itself just a tad and no longer fray, this is true will will synthetic type ribbons, that fraying issues. I personally use a candle lighter, because I'm terrified of fire.







0 comments: