Feb 1, 2011

Color Challenge @ Scrap Tiffany!

Goodmorning,

Today is the 1st of the month which means it's challenge time over at Scrap Tiffany and this week it's a COLOR CHALLENGE.

This week we were given a color collage for inspiration.

And honestly I LOVE LOVE LOVE yellow. It's my favorite color, but the grey aspect was hard for me. I dont have ANY grey paper what so ever! So this is what I came out with.

I was inspired by the flowers that were in the color challenge So I decided to go with this really cute vase and set of flowers digi stamp from The Cutting Cafe: Beautiful Blooms. I used my GIMP softare to layer the flowers and leaves together with the vase. The thing I love about this set is that there are sooo many different combinations of vases and flowers.

I used my watercolor pencils to color the digi stamp in. And Then I added a little stickles and glossy accents. I also added some doodling with my white gel pen

The sentiment comes from Scrappy Moms.


13 comments:

KellyS said...

Wonderful job Cristina! I think I would have had a problem with grey too. Not really a color I go to a lot, although it does look nice with some pastel colors. Love the glossy accents on the vase, makes it look so real!

Kimberly Pate | KP Kre8tions said...

I am not a big grey person, and I do not have much in the way of any dark colors in my craft papers. But then again, I’m just getting started so I don’t have a lot of different colors just yet. I do however, find it hard to imagine using darker colors in my crafting projects. Now you have given me food for thought, just how can I use greys?

Kimberly
Kimbrerly.pate@gmail.com
http://scrappingrookie.blogspot.com/

Lone Pine Designs said...

It turned out great...love those sunny blooms on this very grey day!

Denise said...

Hello Cristina I just became a follower of yours. I've saved you to my favorite list. This color challenge is AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL. Love your card and some of the others too. Double WOW!

dendearmas@aol.com

Unknown said...

Lovely card. peachy orange one of my favorite colors. TFS
Debbie
Http://craftywizard.blogspot.com
debbie_craine at hotmail dot com

Katie said...

wonderful card!

Tara said...

Very pretty!
Tara

JaiDee said...

love that trim!

GabyCreates.com said...

Great job Cristina... I had a hard time with yellow but it forced me to come up with something different!

Stamping for Sanity! said...

I like the colors and layout of this card. it is very pretty.

OhioDanielle said...

So pretty! Great job!

Renee said...

Your card is really cute!! I love the different elements that you used in your design!

Audrey Frelx said...

Wow! What a wonderful challenge. All the projects are amazing, and I have just the project I'd like to submit!!!

Thanks for this challenge!