Feb 8, 2011

Terrific Tuesday Challenges with Scrappy Moms

It's Tuesday again.

Which means its Challenge time over at Scrappy Moms Stamps Blog

IF you're new to this challenge, it is a cricut cartridge based challenge where we aim to use up our cricut stash. All you have to do is create a project with the challenge cartridge. Don't have the cartridge?? no problem just use a similar cut from somewhere else :)

this week's cartridge is SIMPLY CHARMED.

I decided to use the matroyska doll from Simply Charmed, this cut is also on Paisley cartridge, and even my favie lettering delights has a SVG set of them here to cut out with MTC or SCAL




I  used a family size cheezit box and took it apart, then covered the inside with paper then put it back together using score tape. After, I went and covered the outside with the light pink paper making sure to score the creases with my bone folder.  This is a fun and quick project to do and a great recycling project.

I plan to use this box to store the handmade cards I recieve in the mail from my awesome friends. I also made a few different versions to store my in-progress cards, then another for my "cards to mail"

The Matroyska Doll is cut at 3.5 inches from Simply Charmed, embossed with the victoria cuttlebug folder
The Scalloped Circle is cut at 4.25 inches from Sugar & Spice
I used my 1.5 inch punch and 2 inch scalloped Circle for the sentiment
The Sentiment is from Scrappy Moms Stamps Sweet Somethings.
I stamped the face using Peachy Keen Stamps Princess Face Assortment

I hope you enjoy my project

hugs!






Shop Lettering Delights

13 comments:

Glenda said...

Very pretty box to store your cards! Love the idea!!
Glenda
http://glendascards.blogpot.com/

Unknown said...

YOu did a great job.

Miss Molly said...

I love the Russian doll on the front...very classic!

Glora said...

Totally cute! I love it!

ddazzled71 said...

Very Cute Project Cristina. I love the colours.

Card Creations by C said...

How Clever. :)

Anonymous said...

Super cute box and great idea...

Ivette

TFS

liz at liz's paper loft said...

great idea, I love it!
liz :o)

Becky said...

Great idea and so cute!

Joanna said...

Aww this is super cute Cristina! I'm so glad you entered in the PKS challenge! Good luck! :)

Mari AKA Momo said...

Pretty cute!!!! Loving the colors!!! XOXO Momo

bonnie said...

Oh so sweet....love that cute russian doll...adorable, hugs x

Kim said...

beautiful project! love your use of textures, colors and prints. Thanks for sharing