Feb 22, 2011

Terrific Tuesday w/ Scrappy Moms Stamps: Create a Critter

Hey There friends
It's time for another Terrific Tuesday Challenge over at Scrappy Moms Stamps. This week we are playing with Everyone's Favorite cartridge, Create-a-critter.

If you do not have this cartridge, it's alright you are still welcome to play, just make sure you use another cartridge with similar cuts.


We want everyone to join in and have a great time.

This week for my project I decided to try to attempt to create a little bit more of a masculine feel card. I still wanted to keep it fun, and cute.

  
The card size is 5x7
I cut barn at 2.10 inches and the cow at 2.25.
 I actually wasn't happy with the layering on the Create a Critter Cartridge for the barn, So I took a few extra steps to change it up a bit.
I actually cut the barn out twice in red in both layers then used my exacto knife to cut out the x cut lines the cricut makes I then after glueing the two red parts together I trimmed off the roof. with a pair of scissors. I then cut another an additional base image for the barn in white and layered this on.  I used my Gypsy to Hide Contour the heart from the barn to keep it more masculine.I hope this makes sense

The pattern paper is from K&company Super Paper Pad
The sentiment is from Scrappy Moms Stamps Furry Friends  NOW ON SALE

Make sure you hop over and check out the other Design Team Creations Here


Shop Lettering Delights

12 comments:

Jae said...

Cute card, but it certainly does have that masculine feel you wanted. TFS :)
Jenn
craftyfulgardens.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love your card. You did a great JOB!!

Candace said...

love this!! especially the plaid background!!

candace

http://scrappin2littleprincesses.blogspot.com/

Laura L. Cline said...

This is so cute! I love the paper!

Hugs,
Laura

Becky said...

This is so cute! Love the the faux stitching.

liz at liz's paper loft said...

wow! great colors and darling card!
liz :o)

Lezlye said...

Love that we both used the Mojo Monday sketch!

scrappy critters said...

so so cute!! I LOVE this cow.♥Tammy

Anonymous said...

LOVE your card! :-)

Lone Pine Designs said...

What a cutie...love the background DP you chose!

Karen said...

Cute card Cristina. Love the cow and the barn that you designed.

Faith Abigail Designs said...

So cute! Love the plaid paper you've used.