Apr 23, 2011

Inspired by Cristina Blog Hop

hey Friends,

Welcome to the start of my Blog's First Birthday Celebration. A year ago I started this blog because to be honest I was bored. Being a stay at home mom of a infant who sleeps all day was starting to get to me and I needed to do something to entertain myself.

Never in a million years would I think that it would turn into what it has today, with my challenges, design team and so much more. Blogging has opened a whole world of just learning for me, from new techniques that helped me create in a new way, as well as showing me new products and tools to take my budding creativity to a new level.

Today's Blog hop is "Inspired by Cristina" i thought it would be great to see how one person's creativity could inspire another. I have enlisted the help of some wonderful papercrafters who I am proud to call my friends. It is through the blogging world where I have come to make such fantastic and loving friends who not only provide me inspiration but their friendship as well.


For my project I decided to create an altered shoe box to store all of the wonderful cards I have received from my papercrafting friends.

I started off with a Nike Shoe Box (Toddler Size) and basically unfolded the box. The Nike boxs are nice because the top and the base of the shoe box are all one piece. I then went ahead and painted over the box a few layers with Apple Barrel white Acrylic Paint, ts until the orange box was 100% covered. I let that dry.

I then cut out some Carolyn Gavin Greenhouse papers and covered my box with them. I kind of eyeballed the sizes of the sizes. cutting down until it was about the size where I wanted it

I took some Olive Green Cardstock and cut it into 1.5 inch strips then punched it with my Fiskars Apron Lace border punch and put that on the edge of the lid portion of the box.

The felt Ric rac border is from recollections. I used my hot glue gun to adhere it onto the box, then I used added some clear dew drops to the felt with my hot glue gun as well.


For the top of the card. The Tag shape is from Lettering Delights Basic Tags SVG set ( I used tag 6) i created a shadow of that in craft.

The word cards is cut using the Too Much Paper font,  (it's a freebie here) I created a shadow of that in craft paper as well.

I added buttons, Twine (in bubble gun pink and Olive green) as well as some Buttons. Finished the top of the box with some prima flowers, and that's pretty much it.

I couldn't make a too elaborate project for the hop because i'm still very very sick with pneumonia and sitting up for too long is really hard for me.

For blog candy. I am giving away one Surebonder Mini  Hot Glue Gun with Surebonder Hot Glue Sticks.

All you have to do is make sure you are a follower and leave a comment on this post


make sure you hop along and visit all of the other talented chicas on this fun hop

Cristina (that's me!)
Amanda http://www.myscrappinobsession.com/
Christina B http://www.cardcreationsbyc.blogspot.com/
Corri http://buglvr.blogspot.com/
Ellen http://www.lifeatwalnuthill.blogspot.com/
Elsa http://cricutlvr.blogspot.com/
Erin http://www.spantastikreations.blogspot.com/
Joanna http://www.scrap-making.blogspot.com/
Kristi http://www.littlepapersprinkles.blogspot.com/
Laura http://www.makinprettythings.com/
Lauren http://www.laurenscreative.com/
Lezlye http://www.lezlyes.blogspot.com/
Liz http://www.lizspaperloft.com/
Mel http://www.scrappymel.blogspot.com/
Paula http://www.morethanfavors.blogspot.com/
Sarah http://www.liveloveandscrap.blogspot.com/
Tammy http://www.scrappycritters.blogspot.com/




Shop Lettering Delights

61 comments:

Debbie Bonczek said...

Beautiful box . . . and there is this shoebox kicking around my family room that I keep waiting for my daughter to throw out . . . it is now mine! Can't wait to create! Happy Anniversary!

dbonczek@comcast.net
http://pawstoscrap.blogspot.com/

Amanda Villarreal said...

Cristina this is so pretty! I have been thinking about how to store all of my cards as well. Too bad I got tired of all of my empty shoe boxes that are laying around and threw them out. Lol!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful way to store all of your received cards. TFS Hope you are better soon.
Debbie
debbie_craine at hot mail dot com
http://craftywizard.blogspot.com

Tara said...

If this is what you call a quick project then I would be amazed to see what you call elaborate lol! This is just beautiful! Hope you feel better soon!
Tara
thecreativeprincess(at)hotmail(dot)com

Craftyhomemade said...

It`s a beautiful box. I would try to make one. Thanks.

Indira
craftyhomemade7atgmaildotcom

mw_scrap said...

Awesome job on your card box...so pretty...TFS
Happy First Birthday to your blog...I'm a follower, I love seeing all your projects..
Mary Ann

mkeiper72@yahoo.com

Lori said...

What a beautiful card box!!! I hope you feel better soon. Congrats on your one year!!!! ~lori gallionlori at gmail dot com

Houses Built of Cards said...

Happy Blog-i-versary!!! Adorable box too!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

mw_scrap said...

I just wanted to say Thank you for the great Blog Anniversary...you had some talented ladies here Christina...

mary ann

mkeiper72@yahoo.com

Lisa said...

Happy Blogaversary! Your box is just gorgeous...I love your design and the embellishments you used! I'm a new follower...I'd love for you to stop by my blog and follow as well :)

http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

Jae said...

Wow, this is such a beautiful card box! TFS! Hope you feel better soon and Happy Blogaversary!
Jenn
www.craftyfulgardens.blogspot.com

Tina M said...

Christina I louv this card box. I've been trying to come up with something pretty and practical to store my growing stack of cards.
Happy Anniversary & feel better soon!
I am a follower too:)

http://tfoley55.blogspot.com/

Chelle said...

What a darling box! Very creative!! TFS & for the chance at a great gift. ChelleBelle
kweenbee_612@yahoo.com

Tammy Miller said...

This is wonderful just darling!

The Scrapbook Shop Around The Corner said...

what a beautiful box and a creative storage idea!

GiGi said...

Your box is beautiful! I am sorry to hear that you are STILL sick! I hope you feel better soon and thanks for this great hop! So many neat things shown!
booger1 at tds.net

liz at liz's paper loft said...

beautiful box! thanks for the fun!
liz :o)

Juliana T said...

this box is amazing! what a good job. And it's a great idea for keeping all the wonderful cards you receive. I became a follower.

http://julianaspapercrafts.blogspot.com/

Melissa said...

Very pretty box, great job, thanks for sharing!

http://melissa-moecreations.blogspot.com/

Melissa said...

How would have thought that a Nike shoebox could turn out so pretty in pink?!?! Love it!

Melissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

kathlee said...

Happy Birthday to you! Wow..you should be proud that you've grown so fast in one short year! I'd be happy with 400 followers! Your work is fantastic and it's so much fun following you! Here is to many many more blogging years ahead of you! Great project!
TFS!
Kathie
Kathlee154atgmaildotcom
http://kathleessnippitsncricuts.blogspot.com

Misty said...

What a great idea!
Hummer Hugs,
Misty
http://deliteful-gifts.blogspot.com/
hummingbird204 at comcast dot net

tremblayfam said...

Wow! you did this while sick? You are a very talented lady! Just became a follower. And this will be my first blog hop. Thank you for the inspirations!

SpantastiKreations said...

This is so pretty. So much detail and it all works together perfectly.

I LOVE Nike boxes too. Hard to throw them away.

TFS,
Erin
spantastikreations@yahoo.com

Maria said...

This box is sooo pretty!!! I love it! TFS

Unknown said...

I am a follower and love that altered shoe box.

Sue
rolfe974@prodigy.net

Yuveria said...

That is a really cute box. Makes me want to make one for myself :) hehe I think i'm going to scraplift the idea

Nita said...

I LOVE this box!!!! What a great way to store all the treasures your children give you throughout the years too - I think that's what I'm going to use mine for when I make one. :) I'm a brand new follower - your 980th!

niftynitanotes.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Good afternoon Christina, what cute idea. LOve the what you did with the twine and what a cute bird.
Perderg@Q.com

Bunnyfreak said...

Love the card box idea.

Live Love and Scrap said...

You are so good at covering these boxes!!!!! I dont think I would have the patience for it =) GREAT job...so pretty!!!

Happy 1st Anniversary!

hugs,
Sarah

jenni said...

I need a beautiful box for my cards, I am going to steal your idea. that is just beautiful!
jpshirley@ymail.com

Unknown said...

Wow that's amazing! Hope it holds all your cards you receive!

Jackie
jmpresearch@gmail.com

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Well...congratulations! I am a new follower, so I had no idea this was your blogoversary! You are so talented, that I thought you had blogging for much longer than a year!
Great job and don't ever stop blogging, because you are one of my faves!!!!!!!!!
Mackie

Barbara said...

Very cute project! I am a new follower. Thanks for a great give away.

barbara614@insightbb.com

Anonymous said...

Your box is BEAUTIFUL! I love all the detail you put in it.

Kimmers said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! Love the box...I need to do this to where I store my cards (a plastic cracker box). TFS

kimsheppard6 at hotmail dot com

Dawn said...

What a great idea. love how it turned out!! :)

pinkyswrspaper@gmail.com

katieo said...

Hope you are feeling. It is amazing how pneumonia knocks you out. Hope you get your energy back sonn. Congratgs on your bloggaversary

Kris Dietz said...

Happy Blogaversary! Love your box -- so beautiful! Hope you are feeling better soon. I'm a new follower too.

Kris
dietzrobles@yahoo.com

Amanda said...

Super cute! I love this! TFS! Happy Blogaversary!!

amandawoodau at hotmail dot com

PixiesDelight said...

Awesome Project! New follower
bargainmama@mchsi.com

Sherrie K. said...

Beautiful box!! TFS and Happy Blogaversary!

shanna13 said...

Beautiful card box. I love the colors you used. TFS shanna13@frontiernet.net

Dana said...

Very cute box and what a great idea! I'm sure I can find one of those around here somewhere.

dmcarlisle09atgmaildotcom

Unknown said...

This box is adorable!!! I so need to make one for all my cards, it's darling. LOVE your blog, I'm a new follower! Only 11 away from your goal!!! I'll send some friends over. ;-)
Happy Easter

stampinlara at yahoo dot com

Comptonhouse said...

Cute little box! Love the creative ideas! Thanks for sharing. Sharon @ comptonhouse@bellsouth.net

Ulysses' mama said...

Very cute project! I love all the details. I like that idea..I have a little cousin who is graduating next month and that would be a nice idea for a gift.

Jennie Garcia said...

That box is gorgeous!! Love your project!! too cute!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Tambo said...

OMG this is so cute. I definitely need to make these for my BFF's who keep my cards. tfs Tami
tambo1010atcomcastdotnet
Tambo's Creations

Becky Dunham said...

This is darling Cristina! What a fabulous idea for keeping your cards safe! Thanks for the inspiration :)

rebeccadunham at hotmail dot com

buglvr2010 said...

Love your box...such a great idea! Thanks for including me in the hop!

Kooky Krafter said...

Love the shoebox, what a great idea. Hope you are feeling better soon.
scrappintotheknittygritty@gmail.com

nantastic said...

What agreat idea and you did a beautiful job. I have a shoebox I was getting ready to throw away. Not now.
nana5604 at gmail dot com

Janeen said...

Love this box, so beautiful!! You did a great job! So sorry to hear that you are sick, no fun being sick! Both of my daughters are sick too! I hope you have a speedy recovery!

I'm a new follower, only 2 more to go to reach your goal! :)

lovelyinspiredcreations.blogspot.com
majelica@comcast.net

ShersL84bed said...

Fun idea with the box. Its so pretty. I am going to have to go buy a pair of shoes so I can do this. LOL

Smiles Sher
ShersL84bed@aol.com

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

A pretty box! It would be a good gift too.
Cristina, congrats on your blog-aversary! Now if you want to keep it up and need an excuse to get past the hubby--have a another child!! Hee hee. But, be warned, when you get 3 or more kids--they suck up a lot of time.

By the way, I see that you are 2 followers away from 1000! Great timing on you anniversary!! I admit that I was # 998!! I HAVE been following along and played along a few times--I did not know I was not following!!

I so enjoy your creations!

(do not enter me in the drawing)

Krista
http://www.KristasPaperCafe.com

thekolbes said...

I sure hope you get to feeling better soon. I love your box a very creative idea. Thanks so much for sharing. I am a new follower.
Trish
krazykcrafters at msn dot com

Michelle (scrappinforkenzie) said...

This box is actually my inspiration for a photo box i am making now! thank you for sharing! i also have an award for you on my blog and i would love for you to follow me as well :)

scrappinforkenzie.blogspot.com

joydee1963 said...

Cool box,I am a follower,joydee1963 at yahoo dot com

An'Jenic G. said...

Lovely Box. I've always wanted a card box. Just never know where to start. Thanks I have an ideal now. :-)