Dec 12, 2011

Scrappy Moms Stamps Sneak Peek #2

Hey there,

Today I am continuing with my projects for Scrappy Moms Stamps New release week. The project I am featuring today uses Hooray For Birthdays Stamp set



Although this stamp set is birthday inspired my project is totally in the Christmas Mood.

 Yesterday I went to the Super Flea (a local flea market) and was in search of provisions in order to make homemade gifts. I stumbled upon a huge assortment of Mason Jars for only $1 each so of course I grabbed all the ones that they had.. why not?!?!


 I stumbled upon this reciepe for cowgirl cookies by bakerella a long while ago and I decided to whip up a test batch of course, then opted to jar the reciepe because they are YUMMY!! She explains how to make them and layer them in the jar correctly.


Here is the project I created




This is the full view of the jar. The pattern paper is from Cloud 9 Designs Holiday pack( Not sure what it is called but it has autumn through christmas paper in it)


Here is a close up of the two tags that I made.  The tag is made from a piece of 2x 3.5 cardstock which I tag cut the ends and used my crop a dile to add an eyelet and punch the whole. The sentiment "for you" is from Hooray for birthdays. I stamped the sentiment in Stampin Up Riding Hood Red Ink.I used the PKS-754 Critter Faces Set A medium for the face on my little penguin, and I used Stampin up Crushed Curry ink (discontinued) to fill in his beak and Stampin up Pretty in  Pink for the Cheeks.

How I apply my ink for Cheeks:  With the Ink pad close I smush it together in order to transfer a small amount of ink onto the lid. I then use a dry paint brush to pick up the ink from the lid top. I then apply the ink with  the paint brush in a circular motion. ( i did the same process with the beak on the penguin as well)

For the Circle Tag I used a 2 inch Circle punch in Kraft Cardstock. The  dotted Circle boarder is from Papertrey ink take note, and the bracket label is from Papertrey ink Friendship Jar Stamp set. I used Stampin up Old Olive and Riding Hood Red.

Both tags are strung together using Timeless Twine Baker's Twine.




In this picture I am just showing the other side of the circular tag. I used Papertrey Ink Take Note Stamp set for the border and the lines. I then hand wrote out the instructions to complete the recipe.


Here is a side view of all of the yummy layers

Here is a close up of the top of the jar. I used an old scrap of white cotton fabric amd I stamped it all over using Riding Hood and old olive with a few snowflake shapes stamps from inkadinkado being stamped in Tim Holtz Frayed Burlap Distress ink for a vintage feel.Everything tied to gether at the top using some raffia.


I took all of the photos with my new Nikon L105 and I love it. Everything turns out just how it looks and it's all so crisp and sharp. Though I am still getting a hang of how to use it.


I am entering this project into a few challenges:

PKS Face it Friday: Fabric Scraps
PKS NING: Wrap it up
**** BONUS********As a special bonus with this release, we have decided to do a giveaway - everyone who orders Dancing in Circles from today (12/9) thru Sunday 12/18 will be entered to win these ...

Two brand new Fiskars squeeze punches - a 1.5" circle and a 2" scalloped circle. They co-ordinate perfectly with Dancing in Circles!





Free Product

7 comments:

Saundra said...

Sounds delicious and LOVE the packaging!

Hugs :)

bonnie said...

Oh gorgeous gift sweetie....love the cute adorable penguin...hugs x

Miranda said...

Super Cute!

Kim said...

love this tag, so super cute! thanks for playing along on the challenge

Cindy :) said...

wow Christina, fab project, really like that you stamped the piece of old cotton scrap, it's perfect for this project, you did a fabulous job, gl :)

Totally Twisted Cards said...

Cute jar and tag! Love the penguin. Don't you just love PK stamps. Happy Holidays and good luck on the PK challenge.

Stacy at Totally Twisted Cards
http://www.totallytwistedcards.com/content

Miss Giebel said...

Hi Cristina,
Your cookie mix jar is adorable! I love the little penguin! The raffia and the material look so pretty! I'm so happy that you created with us for this challenge at PKS LFIF!!