Dec 28, 2011

Best of 2011 CARDS #1-5

I am contuning one of my end of the year traditions I am going to go through and pick some of my favorite projects that I have completed in 2011. Here are just 5. i am going to pick my favorite 11 cards total but I thought the first 5 in one post wouldn't make it overly pic heavy.

Here we go.. in no particular order.. 5 of my favorite 11 cards of 2011

IMG_20110909_222302
I made this super cute card during my Guest Designer Week at PKS and I STILL love it. I love the pattern paperand the clouds and the banner, and overall this was a good idea that came out just the way I wanted it to. See original post here...


I actually got the idea for this card from a PINTEREST pin that I had found and I basically just used it as a sketch and made it my own. This suprisingly is one of my paper piecing masterpieces, I remember how much I loved/hated putting together the little hot air balloons. You can see the orginal post here

For Mom
I love love love this card, Everything about it. i took a spring style stamp set and using my Prismacolor pencils colored it in a fall pallettte. I actually have yet to give this card to my mom as I love looking at it. This was one of my first attempts at coloring with Prismacolor pencils and I think I did pretty good :) you can see the original post here


4th of July Themed Birthday Card
This card was actually another sketch idea. I love using sketches to come up with card ideas. I also had learned and used the faux embossing with diecuts tecnique on this card. I was suprised how fantastic the flowers came out across the bias of the card with the various sizes. Also I hand drew the face and dial feature on the card, which gave him an adorable fun feel. If only PKS came out with a Robot Character face set. ***SUGGESTION ALERT*** lol You can see the original post here




this is one of my prime time favorites, not only the card itself but how accurate and nice the PHOTO of the card came out. Sometimes when I take the picture I think.. the card looks so much better in real life, and this photo of the card is just so fantastic. This was a mojo monday sketch where I got the idea from and I just ran with it. this was aso a fun card to make sue to the unique shape of the card.Instead of using Die Cuts, I used some stickers from E.A.D Designs, but you could easily recreate something like this using stamps or diecuts LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. you can see the original post & Video here








Free Product

2 comments:

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

Cristina,
You always give such care and nice details to yoru creations. A wonderful list for your favorites.
It has been a joy to follow you!

Carina (PaperJunky) said...

I love your Cards!
Can you please tell me how to get your signature on all your project that you post on here?
Carina
http://www.paperjunkietoo.com/