Jan 9, 2012

Cupid's Sting Valentine's Card

Hey there friends, it's Cristina coming to you with my First ever Design team Project for Peachy keen Stamps.

Today I am featuring a Stamp from the Newest Release called PK-295 Cupid's Sting.

I absolutely love how this card came out.  Over the weekend I went to my Local Scrapbook Store Buffalo Stamps & Stuff (BlogWebsite) and purchased this adorable pattern paper (12x12 "Flying High" from My Mind's Eye Irresistible Collection) on Clearance!! It was dirt cheap and the moment I saw it, I knew I wanted to use the cute cupid stamp to create something cute.

Here is my Card

Cupid

The Kraft Cardstock is from Papertrey ink and the Red is from Bazzil. I am pretty sure the White is just a scrap of recollections. I created a SVG shadow blackout of the stamp in my Make the Cut software and then inked my stamp with papertrey ink True Black ink and colored with my Prismacolor pencils.  I then used a New pen that I got from a Local Art Supply Store called Hyatt's (website) called  Pen-touch xtra fine tip paint pen. Since I've been having some issues with my old fave the Sakura white gelly roll pen. Anyways this pen is like paint and writes awesome. I stamped the sentiment "this is gonna sting a little" that comes with the Cupid's Sting stamp set, then traced over it with the pen-touch and added some doodling...

I created the postage stamp border using my postage stamp punch from Fiskar The large white scallopw as created using the Basic Borders SVG set from Lettering Delights

One thing that I love love about the Basic Borders SVG Set is is how easy is to create a custom border. in exactly the size you need it. Due to the fact that they include a singlular scallop shape as well... you can see what I am talking about from the picture here

And this set is ON SALE for only $1!!!!

 I knew that I wanted to have the border be  4.75 inches across and also that I wanted to have 5 scallops. so all that I did was divide 4.75/5 and made that the width of my scallops. Duplicated that to 5 scallops across and welded them together. That sounds alot more complicated than it actually is.

This card came together rather quickly (except the coloring, that always takes me forever) i finished it off with some old Stampin Up Striped ribbon and a black button with with a hemp cord knot.

I hope you enjoy my project and have a fantastic day!

PS. You would be happy to know that I have also completed 2 scrapbook layouts in 2012.  :) And am getting caught up with my pages slowly but surely. I will have some more layouts to share with you laterthis week so stay tuned!



Free Product

4 comments:

Glora said...

So super sweet! I just love this little cutie! Great paper choices and everything! Hugs- Glora

Amanda said...

Your card is so super cute!! I just love all the doodling you did..

Scrappy hugs,
Amanda :0)

Miranda said...

Super Cute! TFS
Miranda :)
www.nanasscrapspot.com

Houses Built of Cards said...

This is SOOO super cute!!! LOVE it!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com