Jan 11, 2012

This Christmas Layout

Today I thought I would share with you a layout I created right after Christmas. These photos I had taken of my daughter a few days after we had put up the Christmas tree and decorated the house. I thought they were so adorable that I couldn't help printing them out and scrapbooking them right away.
"This Christmas" Layout


All of the Pattern paper is from DCWV The Christmas Combo Stack
The large scallopped Circle title and journaling is from The Christmas combo stack as well. I just used an X-acto knife and cut it out from a page. The Deer border was also from the border strips in the Pack as well.

I cut this out once, and then from another page (there are 2 copies of every pattern) i cut out another set of the berries and popped them up with foam sqaures and added glitter.

I have noticed that DCWV stacks nearly always have a page with borders, a page with tags/journaling strips and a few pages that have a border/ journaling or image printed on them. I have been making an attempt to use that more often.

The background cardstock actually had an image of a postage stamp printed on it, I didn't really like that but I loved the border, so I just decided to hide that with another piece of pattern paper.

The tree is a SVG File that I created from (this) paper piecing pattern from Scrapbooks ETC. I can make that available as a freebie if anyone wants it, just send me a request using the contact me section of my website.


I used my sewing machine do accent stitching and also included a ruffle border made from scraps of satin ribbon.

Hope you enjoy this and it inspires you!

Free Product

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! Great use of that paper pack! Your journaling mat looks like a Nesties! What an adorable little girl! I can see why you were so eager to scrap these photos. TFS!

kim.scrapper said...

What an adorable layout, your daughter is so sweet, great job and tfs

Chelle said...

It is absolutely adorable!!! I have NEVER done a LO but this may make me think twice!!! TFS!!!