Jan 13, 2012

PKS Linky Party!!

Thanks for stopping by for the PKS Linky party.

And welcome to another PKS Challenge.
THIS WEEK'S CHALLENGE IS DESIGNER'S CHOICE- go ahead and link up to our Linking party your favorite new project created using Peachy Keen Stamps to play. Make anything! As long as Peachy Keen Stamps are used :)

For my Project I am featuring the brand new
Stamp of the Month Club kit!



January 2012 includes 19 fabulous stamps!

Large Heart
Large Angel (full body)
Large Angel (head with arms crossed and wings)
FIVE EXCLUSIVE faces in 1" (not in any other package)
Small Angel (head with arms crossed and wings)
Small Heart
FIVE EXCLUSIVE faces in 3/4" (not in any other package)

FOUR Sentiment Stamps:     I love you with all my (heart),  LOVE, A little angel stopped in today to wish you a ,     Happy Valentine's Day!




For my Project I decided to make a valentine's day card for my Daughter's School teacher..
DSCN0568


I colored the sweet Angel Stamp using my Prismacolor Pencils and my Prismacolor Blending Marker.

All of the pattern paper I used on this project is from {My Mind's Eye} Love me collection

which is now available as January 2012 Peachy Picks Paper Crafting kit


Each month, you will receive one kit containing 9 sheets of 8.5"x11" card stock, 24 sheets of 6x6" patterned paper (either in a paper pad such as January's kit, or loose coordinating sheets), and fun embellishments to tie in perfectly to our Stamp Kit of the Month.  you can see more information about the Peachy Picks Club here.


I paper pieced the dress, and  inked it(aw well as the card front plaid pattern paper) with Tim Holtz Frayed burlap Distress ink and SU-Riding Hood Red ink.  the "Love" pattern paper I inked with Tim Holtz Frayed Burlap as well..

The heart I stamped with Colorbox Frost White pigment ink and the PK-296 XO A-2 Background Stamp  on a scrap of Red Cardstock then stamp/paper pieced and added it to the image stamp

The face stamped on my adorable angel is from PK-485 Snowmany Faces 1 1/8 inch, I masked off the nose and then stamped the nose from PK-494 Everyday Character Face Parts 4" to 5" in it's place. I wanted the angel to look Child like and I think she came out just Adorable!!

The wings and halo are glittered with my FAVIE Stardust Stickles.

The scallops I cut out using Make the Cut, my Silhouette Cameo,  and Lettering Delights ,  Basic Borders SVG Set  which is one of my Go-to sets for accents :)


I Finished the card with some doodling with my Signio Uniball White Gel Pen, Some Swiss Dot, grosgrain ribbon from Michael's,  a black button and Baby Blue Twine from Timeless Twine

I hope you love this project as much as I do.

Do not forget to link up your new peachy keen stamps project on their blog and join the fun. I will be hopping and commenting on projects.. I cannot see what everyone comes up with!

Crafty Hugs!






Free Product

20 comments:

bonnie said...

Oh isn't she adorable sweetie...love her glittery wings and halo! ;) Hugs x

Glora said...

She is absolutely ADORABLE!!!! I had no idea they had a Prismacolor blending marker. I have a ton of Prismacolor pencils but haven't used the Odorless Mineral Spirits to blend because of my little ones. I am definitely looking into that marker.

The face you used for her is perfect and I just love the papers. I'm going to have to look into that paper pad too! Hugs- Glora

Scrappy Moms Stamps said...

So cute - your coloring is perfect! I added my project to the Link-up - in fact, I think I'm the 1st one! LOL :D

- Mel

Saundra said...

This is a beautiful card, Cristina! I love the papers and the angel is adorable! ~Hugs, Saundra :)

Melissa said...

Perfect! Love the plaid and face you picked from another stamp set.

Raven B said...

So stinkin adorable!

Hugs,
Raven

GiGi said...

This is so pretty! I am just loving this girl set!

Ro said...

Beautiful card! Her plaid dress is so cute!

Anonymous said...

She turned out so pretty! I love that patterned paper...I'm going to keep my eyes open for that one. TFS! {hugs!}

Kim said...

so very sweet! love it!

Kim said...

Lauren, the papers are actually available in the January paper kit at PKS!

Amy C said...

Super sweet!! I just love these papers. =)

KathyJ Peachy Keen Stamps said...

Great JOB, Christina! I love this paper too!! Your coloring and paper piecing skills are amazing! Thank you so much for an awesome blog post to get things rolling! :) HUGS and lots of love, Kathy

Jennie Garcia said...

I love the papers you chose and this angel is so adorable!! Really cute!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Amanda said...

Chistina, your card is so precious!! I just love your angel's sweet face..

Scrappy hugs,
Amanda :0)

Leanne said...

Awww this is so totally adorable! Love the paper! Great job! Hugs, Leanne

kraftykristi said...

So adorable!

Lorie said...

Beautiful card, Cristina! I love that you changed up the face, and it turned out just wonderful! So happy to be working with you on the PKS DT!

Houses Built of Cards said...

Completely DARLING Cristina!!! I LOVE everything about this card!!!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

Lily said...

Super sweet!! I just love these papers:)

plaid skirts for women