Sep 8, 2010

Companion Challenge : Back 2 School

Hey There friends,
Welcome back to another companion challenge. I apologize that this is a little late in the day, my internet has been going up and down all day. Very counterproductive, So I've extended the deadline just a little bit to get everyone a chance to enter in this week.

School is back in session this week in NY, so this week's challenge is to create a back to school themed project.

My Crafting Companion is Cristina C from Creative Memories 210.  She created a School Spirited frame, using chipboard and binding rings. She created the frame as a gift for a friend's niece. Her Inspiration was drawn from highschool cheerleading and wanted to make something special for homecoming..


I just love the way she created the cluster of flowers at the bottom of the photo mat. And The colors work well together, very monochromatic!


For my Project I was inspired by my little brother who just started kindergarten. They grow up so fast don't they. I wanted to make something special to have his first day of school photo, and of course what says boy more than .. ROBOTZ. I haven't used this cricut cartridge in a while, so i decided now would be a good time








 The Prize for this Challenge will be the ELMO's Party Cricut Cartridge!!


Supply Credits
Robotz Cricut Cartridge, 5 inches, phrase "built learn" 1 inch, "2" cut at 1.5 inches

Designer Paper Recollections, Rockets 'n' sprockets-- Gear Head
Recollections Spice Market Pack  (green & orange)
Recollections Vellum
Recollections Kraft Cardstock
Various Scraps
Sentiment " Brother Gears to you!" Scrappy Moms Stamps-- For the Guys
Liquid Embosing, Clear Glass and Opaque Licorice
Googly Eyes ( not sure of brand)
Ek Success Binding Edge Punch, Tag Trio Punch
Making Memories 1/8 Eyelets
Crop-a-dile
Signio White Gelly Roll Pen
Gypsy






1 comments:

Sharon C. said...

Wow...great projects! Your Robot frame is fantastic...so much detail! I just linked up my project...thanks for the challenge!

~Sharon C.