Sep 14, 2010

Episode 47: Naptime Layout

Hey ladies,

My Daughter's Birthday is just around the corner so I've been in a major SCRAPBOOKING mood, actually more of a frenzy. I've been trying to get some of her remaining older pictures scrapped before her party so that her 1 year old scrapbook is as close to completion as possible. So here's a good step in the right direction

I've had a few requests for more "Gypsy" in my videos, so I attempted to film a little explanation of how I design layouts in my gypsy. Which is just the standard 12x24 technique.

I cannot believe how many cricut cartridges I used in this layout. I feel so proud of actually using my cartridge stash!

Cuts Breakdown
NAP cut from Cursive 101 at 3.31 inches (used shadow blackout feature as well), welded together
TIME cut from Winter Woodland at 1 3/4 inches, hide contour  for the inside cuts  (used shadow feature as well), welded together
MUSHROOM/BUTTERFLY cut from Sugar & Spice (lite) at 6 1/2 inches
FLOWERS cut from Sugar & Spice at 4 inches
cut from Pooh & Friends at 3 inches
SUN cut from Create a Critter at 4 inches


Enjoy the video

** i didn't show it in the video but i decided my layout looked a bit empty so I added clusters of buttons tied with hemp cord***








Supplies
DCWV Dot lines Designer Paper
Pink Cardstock We R Memory Keepers Teen Angst Stack
Green 5/8 Grograin Ribbon
Fiskars Apron Lace Border Punch
Signio White Gelly Roll Pen
PK-640 Princess Assortment Stamps
Star Dust Stickles
Lots of Buttons
Hemp Cord
ATG, Scotch quick dry, Zig, Zots

7 comments:

Indira said...

Super cute. When your little girl grows she will love it and enjoy it. Thanks for share.

Honey B said...

What a beautiful Super Duper Cute LO...Love it...

Honey B.

Carrie said...

adorable layout! I love the stitching template - I've never seen one, and I rarely do stitching because it's never straight - perfect solution!! (I see someone else asked about it, too - I'll have to keep my eyes open for one.)

Cristina Garcia said...

Thanks Ellen, i actually got the stitching template from Joanns.com about 6 months ago. I am not sure if they sell them in the stores, i've never seen it. Its by paper pizzaz if that helps

Cristina

Pauline said...

Awww... so cute and adorable! Love all the details!

EllenM361 said...

Thanks for letting me know ~ I appreciate it.

Christy said...

This layout turned out adorable! You do really, really nice work. I am not a follower....if you want to check out some of my work, please follow the link.....

I would love a new follower too....:-)

http://christysscrappin.blogspot.com/