Sep 22, 2010

Companion Challenge: Falling for Fall

Can it be my most favorite time of the year already???

People call it by different names, Autumn, Fall, Otoño, but whatever you call it most people associate this colder change in weather with the changing colors of the leaves.

This week's companion challenge is to create a fall inspired project using reds golds, yellows browns (the colors found in the fall) as well as having leaves somewhere in your project.

Just take a look at the amazing project completed by Joanna B over at Scrap-Making
I loved this simply charmed scarecrow. He's tooo cute. Joanna used some beautiful recollections paper for her leaves. Super cute?!

For my project I created not only one card, but two. I wanted to give a quick tutorial on how to cut and print using your printer and your cricut expression and after finishing the first card  (turkey) i had to make a second since they came out just soo cute.

 I used the "Me & my Big Ideas" Cornucopia paper, and It had some leaves of fall colors but not only that but some great pinks and purples, so my first card, did use the fall colors but was more on the brighter fall spectrum

For my Second card I also used the Cornucopia "leaves" designer paper as well as some scraps of Recollections friends forever designer paper.

For both of the cards, I used my super favorite Lettering Delights Stuffing Stitches Clip Art Set and for a limited time they are on sale, along with the rest of the lettering delights graphics for 1 dollar saves you 75%. if you were thinking about trying out cutting and printing with your cricut and printer, now is the time. they have some amazingly cute stuff!!!





Dollar Days



3 comments:

Scrapbookaholic Abby said...

What cute projects!!! You girls rocked it!!!!!

Abusybee/DoubleClick Connect said...

Thanks for the challenge!

Amanda C. said...

Hey Cristina... I couldn't get my link to post. Here it is though... http://papercutsinc1.blogspot.com/2010/09/late-night-crafting.html

Thanks for the challenge. :)