Sep 6, 2010

Guest Designer on Card Creations

Hey Friends,

I hope you all enjoyed a peaceful and restful labor day. I was asked earlier in the week by Christina Brooks to join a guest designer on Card Creations and more. She is having a challenge over on her website where the challenge is to use bling and ribbon. I recently recieved my rock princess cricut cartridge in the mail and wanted to use it to create a project that wasn't so "rocker-ish" instead of using the suggested colors in the cricut cartridge manual.. blacks pinks, whites. I started with my ribbon choice which was a warm dark chocolate color. I then paried it with some carolyn gavin green house paper.

I loved how this card came out. I cut the butterfly at 2 inches, and found the scalloped circle shape on Sugar and Spice Cricut lite, though there are many cartridges that have this same exact shape on them!

I used the Mojo Monday sketch of the week to come up with the idea of the card. I just loved the thought of stamping the sentiment on a tag and suspending it from the ribbon. I added a brown eyelet and attached it with some hemp cord to add extra interested the coordinating button tied with hemp cord off finished it off.

This was actually a very simple card to make and I think I will use this sketch again in the future.





Supply Credits
Designer Paper, Carolyn Gavin Greenhouse, 12x12 & Mat Stack
PTI Dark Chocolate Cardstock
Bazzil Hillary Cardstock
Kasiercraft Pearls
Dark Brown Satin Ribbon
PTI True Black Ink
EK Success Tag Punch, I trimmed it to fit the sentiment
Brown Eyelet and Crop-a-dile
Sent\ment, Scrappy Moms, The Charmed Life
Stickles, Eucalyptus, Diamond, Crystal and Icicle
Scraps of PTI Plum Pudding and Razzberry Fizz
Hemp Cord

3 comments:

ScrappingStephanie said...

This card is beautiful! The colors are gorgeous and really like the idea of picking the ribbon first and then working from there. You have me inspired. Thanks:)

Stephanie

Scrapabookaholic said...

Great card Cristina!

Michele said...

Great card! I love the colors and the ribbon. I also love how you used two background papers. I always try but mine never match up as well!