Feb 24, 2012

Peachy Keen 3d Challenge: Weather

Today is another Peachy keen Challenge day!

Today's challenge is to create a 3d Project with the theme weather
all while using your Peachy Keen Stamps of course!!!!!!

For my Project I decided to make a fridge Magnet Game for my daughter because she always likes to play with her things on the fridge while I'm working in the kitchen. She has outgrown her ABC's and Numbers so I thought I would give her something new for her to play/learn with.
scrapbooking
This Photos do not do the project enough Justice, They are much cuter in person

 It's a set of 6 Weather Icons and  6 Words that match the icon. I thought this would be good for her so she can start associating the words with their meanings. Also this is great because I can now have her look out the window and tell me what the weather is.

I cut all the icons Using Lettering Delights Weather Girl SVG Set ( also available: Weather Boy SVG Set)b. Which has some fantastic and cute shapes. I also at some point plan on turning the Little Girls and Boys into Magnets too and Peachifiying those for my daughter to play with (but that's a more advanced game of matching the appropriate clothing to the weather)

I cut all the Icons out at 4 inch width. They all have various heights.

I used the Following Stamps for each of the faces

Windy: January 2012 SOTM KIT Faces
Sunny: Happy Lashes 1 1/8"
Snowing: In Sitches 1 1/8" and Princess Faces Assortment (for snowflakes)
Raining: Febuary 2012 SOTM KIT Faces
Storm: In Stitches 1 1/8
Partly Cloudy: March 2012 SOTM KIT Faces (to be released)

For the Word Magnets, I used Various Fonts from Lettering Delights, and Printed them out on White Cardstock

Fonts used:
Windy: LDJ Kris Kringle
Sunny: LD Shelly Script
Snowing: LDJ Whale tail
Raining: LD Kracken
Storm: LD Brownnose
Partly Cloudy: LD Red Hatter's Hand

I also used some Studio G Glitter Glue, Sakura White Gelly Roll Pen, Timeless Twine bakers twine in Baby Blue and Lots of Magnet Strips (found a pack of 6 at Michaels for $1.25 and cut those into pieces)


I really hope you enjoy my project. Make sure you head over to the Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge Blog in order to join the challenge and check out the rest of the Design team inspiration.




5 comments:

Glora said...

I just love this idea. They turned out so cute and each face is perfect for that weather item. Hugs- Glora

mum of two said...

So cute :) I'm sure your daughter will love playing with it :) TFS

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

Those clouds are so wonderful! The expressions are the best :)

Kim's Kreations said...

Great 3D idea. Creative use of the weather theme. Your daughter will have lots of fun while learning. The faces are adorable.

Jennie Garcia said...

What an awesome idea!! Really cool!! Love those images!!
TFS!! Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/