Feb 7, 2012

Terrific Tuesday Challenge: Hearts

Hiya,

Today is another Terrific Tuesday Challenge with Scrappy Moms!

Today's Challenge is to create a project that features hearts!  Easy Enough Right?!!
Here is my project!

bear in envelope card

Isn't this little bear the cutest? I got him a while ago from Designs on Cloud 9 when he was the weekly Freebie, but he's for sale now here

Anyways when you get the file all the pieces come completely separately, which I personally do not like. So I went ahead and "put them together" in my make the cut software, utilizing the layers feature and just moving and rotating the parts and pieces so that they are stacked in a way much like the finish product. Then i was able to select the images as a whole and re-size so that the finished product is just shy of 4 inches tall. This sounds complicated but it's really not.

I then used the Shadow feature and Created 2 Shadows of the main image at .0775 inches each. One of the Shadows included the base and hearts and the other was just of the main envelope. I welded this two shadows together to create the base for my shape card.


All of the cardstock is from Recollections and all Scraps the Card base is cut from PTI Kraft Cardstock because I wanted it to be extra sturdy

bear card inside

Stamp Sets Used

  • Scrappy Moms Stamps
    • "XOXO" " Hugs" Double Hearts (inside Card), "Smaller ♥(inside Card)," Love Notes
    • "Happy Valentine's Day", "larger ♥(inside Card)," Crazy for You
    • "Special Delivery" Designer's Choice
  • PK-754 Critter Faces Set A Medium -Peachy Keen Stamps
I stamped the inside of the card with the various icon stamps from the two Scrappy Moms Stamps Valentine Sets: Love Notes(2011) & Crazy for you (2012)

The Sentiment "Sepcial Delivery" I masked off and stamped twice, once in Melon Mambo and then again in Basic Black. I punch it out with my Fiskars Cameo Apperance Punch and then cut the punched out shape in my trimmer to give it a straight edge on one side.

That's pretty much it.Added some ribbon, button, timeless twine and that's it

 Simple and adorable Card!

Hope you like it

make sure you head over to Scrappy Moms Stamps in order to join the challenge as well as check out the other design team inspiration!




5 comments:

scrappy critters said...

This card is the absolute cutest. I LOVE how it opens. I for sure have to make this shape sometimes. LOVE LOVE IT..

♥Tam

Rosie said...

OMG! This is toooo cute

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Glora said...

this is just the CUTEST little card! I can not get over it! I love the open envelope with the bear and hearts! Terrific job! Hugs- Glora

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

Very cute! I like how he is coming out of the envelope. I want to make one.

Lezlye said...

Cute! SO huggable!