Mar 2, 2011

Challenge #18: St. Pattys Theme Project

Hey There,

First of let me apologize that this post is sooo late in the day today. Seriously things have been chaotic this morning. (waking up realizing there is no  {good} food in the house among things)

This week's challenge is a pretty simple one : Create a St. Patty's Day theme Project, as well as the stipiluation that you MUST use the color green. You can't have a St. patricks Day themed project without using the color green so they go hand and hand.

The march prize is:

Mother's day Bouquet Cricut Cartridge




Also i wanted to note, that if you enter the challenge and you do not have a cricut machine, that's 100% ok. If you win I will make sure that I exchange it for a prize of equal value. You don't need a cricut machine to enter my challenges the only stipulations is that it's a new project that goes with the challenge. that's it.


Though St. Patricks Day isn't really a card giving/mailing holiday, it's always fun to see what people can come up with.

This week we are joined by Lauren from All Things Crafty.

And to her St. Pattrick's Day is special because that's the day she got engaged (awww!) so it always holds a special day in her heart. Here is the adorable frame she created!!
Make sure you pop on over to her blog to see more her her fun creations

Now for my talented trio!!!!


Amanda
 Amanda created this super adorable Square card, and omg I love that pattern paper and the gold is so glittery. This card could also be used for any other special occasion other than st. pattys day.


Elsa
 Elsa created this fun green on green card. I love the peachy keen stamp she used on the hat. it looks like he had a little bit too much green beer. It's also loaded up with some green stickles.


Ivette

Ivette made this Adorable card using A Child's Year cartridge, I just love the colors and the card shape (also from a child's year) is so unique. Love the cut out clovers in the inside. sooo sophisticated.


Make sure you go visit my Guest Designer and Design team ladies and let them know how much your appreciate their inspiration on this project!!


Now for my project.

I created this fun Shaped card using SVG CUTS Charm & Chance set (it was free gift w/purchase a few weeks ago) and I finally got around to using it.

The outside I left sentiment free, and stamped the inside with a Scrappy Moms Stamp set that I will be showcasing TOMORROW :)

This Card was actually a Doorhanger feature but it also comes with some "extra" features so you can not have the hold in the door hanger. I welded two of the hot air balloon bases together, then created a shadow blackout of that layer. From there i un-welded the hot air balloon bases, and only used one of the bases for my card. I probably should make a video of how I made this card, if I can only just find the time...









Shop Lettering Delights

23 comments:

Walking on Water said...

Wonderful cards...love them all especially the boy I guess making a clover wish...hehe...great job! :)

Melissa said...

Great cards ladies! I have a shamrock ready to go with SCAL. It will be my first time using SCAL so hopefully I will be able to pull it off!

dawnmercedes said...

Maybe if I enter...and win..then I would HAVE to get a cricut!

Lone Pine Designs said...

Your balloon shaped card is terrific!

Melanie said...

They are all so cute!!! I can't believe you used that cut - Tammy and I were just talking about how adorable that puppy was! LOL :)

Stephanie Dang said...

These are all wonderful!

Shelley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelley said...

Love, love, love the hot air balloon card! So super cute! Notice the hot air balloon in my profile pic?? :) I'm now a follower!

Shelley
http://carleys-closet.blogspot.com

AJoy said...

Great job!


April
nginerd at gmail dot com
http://ajoy2scrap.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

Thanks for the fun challenge! Just linked up my card!

Paper Panther and Rayna said...

I am new here and I am excited to wee what there is. I just linked up my project :)
-Paper Panther
purplepeepstechniques.blogspot.com

BugBites said...

Nice job ladies- thanks for hosting the challenge.

Lisa Norris said...

Those are great projects!!! Thanks so much for the fun challenge!

Lisa
prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting the challenges, they are so much fun!!

Tara said...

Excellent job DT. Thanks for the inspiration!
Tara

Shelly said...

Wow! The projects look great! Thank you for the challenge.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great Dt thanks for the fun challenge!

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

I really like the pot of gold and the hot air balloon. I did link up, but then I saw that you want an original creation for the challenge. I want to play by the rules. So I will make anew project and then link. Thanks ladies.

KristaInMN at gmail dot com
http://www.KristasPaperCafe.com

Unknown said...

Great JOB DT team. You all did a wonderful job.

Houses Built of Cards said...

Thanks again - so much fun!

housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

4kids4 said...

Fun cards! And what a great frame! TFS I just linked up my project. :-) Thanks for the challenge!

~Sharon C.

Sherrie K. said...

Cute frame! I had a fun time in the challenge. Just linked my project:)
Thanks!!
Sherrie K.
Sherriescraps.blogspot.com

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

Beautiful work DT!
This looks like a fun challenge! I am excited to join in!