Nov 3, 2010

Companion Challenge #10 Ahead for the holidays

hey there friends,

Welcome back to another companion challenge. First of all let me apologize for this being so late in the day, Youtube is being world class slow today for loading videos. I have been waiting for 3 hours for my challenge video to load.

But before I go ahead and start with the challenge, let me announce the winners of the Dia De Los Muertos Blog Hop

Both Winners were chosen via random.org,

The American Crafts Craft Fair paper Set, and Matching Journaling Stickers

Bonnie Cantu

And the Facebook Fan page Give away: Ki memories Pet shop

goes to Monica Lowrance

If you ladies could email me your contact information, I will make sure to get your prizes out to you this week.

Ok now for the challenge.

I really enjoyed this challenge a ton, and I hope you will too. This week's challenge is to "get ahead for the holidays" by premaking your 2010 thanksgiving scrapbook page!! You can do any size scrapbook page that you are comfortable with 8x8, 12x12 8.5x11, whatever! just make sure you leave photo mats for your pictures

This week's crafty companion is Melissa G. She said that she felt this was a big challenge for her, since she had only done one other layout before.

I think she did a fantastic job don't you?



For my project I created a double page layout!

The background Marquee Shape is from Gypsy wanderings, I sized it at 9.86 inches. All designer paper is from Me & My big ideas Cornicopia stack then went ahead and cut it in half and split it between both of the pages. The following red strip is measured at 3 inches, and then i went ahead and punched it with my Threading Water Fiskars Punch. I then went ahead and put at 2.5 inch strip of orange paper, and on top of that a 1 inch strip of a coordinating Designer paper
Don't you love those paper piecing? I found them on SVG Cuts and I used my Make-the-cut software and cut them out at 4 inches( Note: I am not an affiliate, nor did I receive anything in order for me to list them on my site, I just thought they were super cute, and a good price point) I used my PKS Laffy Taffy Stamps for the faces on the pilgrims. The "Happy Thanksgiving" is cut from Simply Charmed at 3 inches


The Turkey here is also from SVG Cuts, and cut out at 4 inches. I drew the face on the turkey myself. The Gobble Gobble phrase, i cut from Create a Critter at 1.5 inches. I cut it out twice.



.


The entries for this challenge will be combined with Companion Challenge #9, and the prize for this month is Thanksgiving 2010 Cricut Cartridge.  The winner will be chosen via random.org


3 comments:

Lisa J said...

Congratulations ladies! Those LO's are awesome!

Abusybee/doubleclick said...

Thanks for the challenges! Fun Lay-outs!

Bonnie Cantu said...

Hi Christina
This is Bonnie Cantu, I just saw I won on the "Dia de los Muertos", sorry t just be getting to you, I have been so sick.. I sent you a message with my address, I clicked on "contact Christina"
Thanks
Bonnie C
http://ascrapabove.blogspot.com
ascrapabove@aol.com