Dec 1, 2010

Episode 69: Rocking Round the Christmas Tree & Companion Challenge

Hey Friends,

Welcome to another companion challenge! If you're new, Every Other week I have a challenge and a guest designer, and the enteries are entered to win a Cricut  Cartridge!

This week the Challenge is : Create a Project inspired by a Christmas Song

The prize for this Month is Soccer Cricut Cartridge!

Today I am joined by Kimmy from Scrappin with kimmy and here is how she describes her project


"I absolutely LOVED this challenge! Believe it or not, the holiday song that inspired me for this card was "Deck the Halls".  I was talking to a friend recently who was putting up her holiday decorations. She said, "I'm decking the halls" in this house. So, I immediately (for some reason), thought of little elves helping Santa get ready for Christmas!
I used the new Jolly Holidays Cricut Lite cartridge to cut the elf at 3.71" using my Gypsy. He had a little strand of lights that I cut off because I didn't like how they turned out. I used an adorable Peachy Keen face from the Princess Face assortment. The patterned paper is from Cosmo Cricket.  The cardstock and sentiment is from Papertrey Ink" 
Didn't it just come out adorable!!! I love that little elf. He's soo cute


For my project I also created a card( i know I've been on a card kick lately, I swear I'm going to go back to layouts soon! I'm soo far behind on my scrapbooking!!!)

I have been watching alot of  made for T.V Christmas movies to get into the Christmas mood. And When I got my newest Set of E.A.D Designs Stickerz, I new exactly what project to make.

I used Retro Christmas (currently 50% of at $1.25) and Deck the Halls  ($2.50) for this super cute card.

I hope you enjoy it







5 comments:

Shana said...

how do we add projects to this challange? Love both your example cards,

Cristina Garcia said...

Oops. let me fix that. I forgot to add the linky system!! sorry

LiveloveandSCRAP said...

SUPER CUTE CARDS!!! Love them both!!!

hugs,
Sarah

Nadia's World said...

Your cards are soo cute! I love the little elf. :)

TFS!!

Nicole

Abusybee/doubleclick said...

Thanks for the challenge!