Jul 14, 2010

Companion Challenge #1 Flip Flop, Spin & Pop

Hey There friends,

Welcome to my very first Companion Challenge. I am soo excited to start this new venture.
 
I am SOOO EXITED about this! Every other Wednesday I will highlight one of my awesome friends, as my companion and I will also make a challenge for a projects so this gives you an opportunity to show off your creativity.

This week the challenge is Called Flip- Flop, Spin & pop, Create an interactive card that does something a normal card doesn't.

The project has to be an an original card made specifically for this challenge! I will use Random.org to draw the winner on Monday 7/19/10

The prize is a Martha Stewart Score Board. Generously donated by my Awesome Sponsor Stuff4scrapbooking.



My First Crafting Companion is my awesome friend Momo. She created a card that spins. I love the sentiment she used, it's too perfect.
"I am honored to be a part of Cristina's first Crafting Companions Challenge. The challenge was "Flip Flop Spin Pop" and well of  course my mind went crazy and I remembered this spinning card I learned about a year ago. I saw a tutorial on Youtube but for the life of me I can't remember who's it was. I hope you enjoy it and if you would like to see a video tutorial hop on over to my blog"
- Momo

My project: I was totally inspired by the newest release of Lettering Delights Images Called Seven Seas Graphic Set. Though this diecuts comes from Life is a Beach. 

I created this Whirly Card  for my challenge project, and this is the first one I've ever made. The submarine spins and comes out of the water when you tip it. Such a fun card.


I used some liquid embossing clear glass finish to give the water and the submarine a wet shiny look!


Supply Credits:
Designer Paper: American Crafts Everyday paper pack
Green: Bazzil Lime Crush
Paper Trey Ink- Kraft Cardstock
Signo Broad White Gel Pen
Liquid Embossing- Clear Glass Finish
Yellow: Bazzil Mexican Poppy
Papertrey ink- True Black Hybrid Ink
Sentiment- Hero Arts
Adhesives, (a ton) Popdots, Atg tape, Tombow Mono glue





To qualify for the giveway, you must:
****Link your project up below

****Your card  must be INTERACTIVE
****Must be an ORIGINAL project made especially for THIS challenge
****Deadline for project will be Sunday @ midnight EST-- 7/18
****Last but Not Least~ HAVE FUN my friends!!




18 comments:

Ayaris T said...

Can't wait to work on this project. So excited =}

Amanda Villarreal said...

Love your card! Very creative.

ivette said...

Hola Cristina... happy that your companion challenge started...will love to create something for this challenge.. but never had done one of this card... I will do a search and see if I could join your girls..

Momo's creation is a great start to this aventure of yours... love both cards..

Later mi amiga, Ivette

ivette said...

I dont know was wrong Cristina.. but this is not letting me link my card...: (

Scrapabookaholic said...

It won't let me link --- I get Error on page message
http://scrapabookaholic.blogspot.com/2010/07/spring-card-owl-miss-you.html
Gaby

Laura Cline said...

Hi there! I hope you get to read this before the challenge ends. When I try to link my project, I get a little message on the bottom left corner of my browser window that reads, "Error on Page". I can input my URL, name, and email, but when I click "Next Step", nothing happens except the error message. I've used Linky before and have had no problems. Can someone tell me if I need to do something differently?

Thanks,
Laura

Cristina Garcia said...

Laura. I will post it for you.

Cristina Garcia said...

I'm gonna post it for you :)

Cristina Garcia said...

For everyone who was curious. I used the Link system in my firefox browser and had no trouble sometimes internet explorer is funky with the inlinkz script

Laura Cline said...

Thanks so much for posting my project! :)

Laura

abbie / cricutmethat said...

Thanks for "challenging me" :)

Scrapabookaholic said...

Thanks!!!!!

Morethanfavors said...

i tried 3 minute prior to the deadline and it locked up on me... but i guess that is what i get for waiting till the last minute.

Paula
http://morethanfavors.blogspot.com/2010/07/companion-challenge-1-flip-flop-spin.html

Cristina Garcia said...

paula, your card did go through.

Morethanfavors said...

Congrats to Ivette! Cristina thank you for loading mine :)

Morethanfavors said...

Omg can't believe it.... I was like OMG Icant believe it won't go
In. I was so frustrated. Did u find sugar n' spice yet?

Cristina Garcia said...

no i didn't find sugar and spice yet. I'm going to super walmart today when i go visit my mother. They were sold out of it at my walmart.

regina said...

this is drop dead gorgeous....definitely my style...hugs