Jul 1, 2010

Pink Stamper Submission

Friends,

As you may already know I unfortunately did not get chosen for the My Pink Stamper Design Team. I found out this morning,.

For my Pink Stamper Design Team Submission I made a full 12x12 2011 Calendar, yes it was  a ton of work to get done in a matter of days, but It turned out to be a wow in whole!

When It came for me to send my submission I had a bit of a dilemea on how to best capture a whole entire calender, as Robyn said that  sending in more than one picture would be a disqualification .

So, I sent robyn a message
*****************
Hey Robyn. I've been pushing myself to make a really fun project that I believe showcases my talent, the problem is... I dont know how I can take one picture of it.. because it's a calendar and every page is unique and different. Should I take a photo of all the images of each month and send that as one picture, or just take one picture of one month.. Because it's 25 pages long.. the grid and month page for each, as well as a cover page. Please let me know because I dont want to be disqualified.
Thank you


............And she did reply

 
Hi Cristina!
Thanks so much for asking! I have disqualified about 6 people just today that have sent more than one picture. Just do your best to take one good picture of the best month. You can explain there are more months in your description.
Have a great night!
Robyn 
*******************
Maybe, she misunderstood my question, because what I saw today, is someone who sent in more than one project, (she did a whole party theme) and took a photo of everything all in one picture. It was my understanding that this was not allowed, and I had to take one picture of the "best month" when the project as a whole was a calendar and not just one month. Because of course if I had know this, I would have put all my energy into one little aspect of the project instead of dividing it evenly with each month differently, instead of each month being a aspect of my crafting skills. OR maybe I misinterpreted, English being my second language.

Here is the photo I submitted to My Pink Stamper, I'll be back later to post the rest of the pictures, after I take pictures of all the other months.
.At least I have an awesome blank calendar to give away or keep ..


Thanks for being here for my friends.. both old and new... It does mean alot to me, and even though I did not become on the Design Team, I will still keep working hard to make cool things to share with you guys. I appreciate all of you who are kind to me, and I value your input more than I can let you know


18 comments:

Scrappinwithkimmy said...

Oh, Cristina, I feel your pain!!!! I did not make it either and I completely understand the wide range of emotions!!! Yes, I'm not gonna lie, I even cried !! I was very disappointed in the whole thing and agree with EVERYTHING you stated in your post. I could rant and rave about this, too, but, it's just a waste of time, I guess. I think your pic is beautiful!! Maybe we will just have to come up with our own Design Team!! Hugs, Kimmy

Amanda Villarreal said...

I agree with you! I was rooting for you to win. I wonder though if her "honorable mention" spotlight was disqualified and she just wanted to share the creativity? I don't know... I think you should have your own design team! Don't feel so bad your creations are still beautiful! :)

Jlkozar said...

Cristina - This looks just beautiful and I bet it was a ton of work!! I cannot wait to see the rest of the project.

Thank you so much for sharing your creations and time with us.

Jenny Kozar
kozfam5 AT blogger DOT com

Cristina Garcia said...

Thank you So much amanda. I'm working on making some baby shower ideas for you today. Hopefully will have them posted tomorrow.. I'm making a video for a favor box,.. but the decorations I'm making are easy peasy too and will describe how to make them in full .

Mysalutetocute said...

Hi Christina,

First let me start off by telling you that I LOVE your work. I discovered you on MPS and wow! very impressive!

As far as Robyn's response, I think she meant that she could not receive multiple pictures, but will allow groupings all in one picture (Please correct me if I missunderstood lol!) I can see how this would be hard to do with your calendar. I can only imagine the time and appreciate how Robyn really goes through each project.

Again, your work is outstanding and incredibly inspirational!

Abigail said...

Hi Cristina! I was looking for your email to send you a more personalized message in regards to MPS Design Team .... But, you need to know that your work is AWESOME!!! I think she is looking for people that have her style.

Don't get discouraged!!! Your work is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love your calendar!!!

Abigail said...

That sounds like an awesome idea!!!!!!!! How fun!!!! You should!!! Look for sponsers!!!!

Jocelyn said...

I think your work is totally awesome! I can't wait to see the rest of your calendar. So don't get discouraged 'coz your work is really, really beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Kimmie said...

Christina I just wanted to say that your work is amazing!! Thank you for sharing your creativity! I'm sorry you didn't make the MPS design team. I was looking for your name because the work you do is fabulous! Just wanted to send you some kind words to cheer you up. Thanks again for sharing your talent!!

Hugs,

Kimmie

Amanda Villarreal said...

Thats awesome, cant wait to see them!

Cristina Casias said...

Cristina, i love your work....i would so buy that calendar, you should put it on ETSY! Making your own design team would be great.....to showcase another style of scrapbooking! Love your work!
Cristina

Robyn said...

Wow! This is so disheartening for me to hear. This is why I almost didn't do a second round of My Pink Designers because my fear is that I would hurt somebody's feelings. Please know that this was not my intentions. I had A LOT of WONDERFUL submissions but I just couldn't pick all of them. Your calendar was incredible and amazing! You are sooooo talented! It took me years before I was ever picked on a design team. It was very sad, and I too cried many times because I felt like I was not good enough. Can I just tell you that you are a MILLION times more talented than me. I had to narrow down 200 submissions to just 7. It was VERY tough. I hope that you will not continue to be upset over this. It is very hurtful to me, too, as I have spent countless hours reviewing, pondering, and then finally choosing the DT.

Hugs,
Robyn

Cristina Garcia said...

Robyn, I'm not upset. I was just a little let down. Mostly because I misunderstood a few things, here and there and yes of course i lost countless hours of sleep! But i'm fine, life goes on. I'm not going to stop making awesome projects or participating in any challenges, though i probably won't undertake any more strenuous crafting projects for something like a design team call... just in case something like this happens again.

Cristina Garcia said...

we have the same name!! I never see anyone without the H like me :)

Cristina Garcia said...

I hope you are feeling better now Kimmy. I didn't cry, i'm pretty sure i was in shock then anger, then wtf.. I was so upset I didn't even make my honey breakfast before he went to work, I told him to get cereal, and THAT NEVER HAPPENS. I just sat that staring at my computer screen for a while!

I hope you are feeling better. I will take the design team suggestion under advisement, I would totally have to look for sponsers. Right now all my prizes are coming from Creating Keepsakes from when I worked as a teacher's assistant, so I have a few months worth of prizes litterally piled up , but in order to have a design team I would need contests or challenges,

I will do some research then let everyone know what i decide :)

Crafty hugs

Cristina

Adventuresinheels said...

Hi Cristina,
I'm sorry to hear what happened at MPS as well, I also sent in a submission and wasn't chosen. I was a little disappointed but I got over it really quickly. I think what you did was so AMAZING and I am sure you worked really hard. And to be you should have been chosen because you have a unique style. Funny things is my first submission didn't work out because my computer crashed and I lost all my DS files. I had created a Boutique Scrapbook page using a few cartridges. I was ready to cut all the files when disaster struck so I had to change my submission to something different. I guess I'm kinda glad I didn't submit my original work because I had been working on it for days. Staying up to 1am to finish it after work. And then not to get chosen would have been worse. I really wouldn't worry your work is really nice and maybe you should think about doing your own design team. I'm just starting out and it's been really hard to get my foot in the door but I am going to keep trying and get followers so I can do challenges and giveaways.
And if you decided to do a desgin team I will submit...
Keep up the great work and check out some of my work please.

Hugs,
Melissa

www.adventuresinheels.com

Krisstel said...

I think your Calendar is awesome!!! I must say I felt the same way when I didn't get chosen!!! :( I LOVE all of your projects!!!! I think it would be awesome if you made your own team

Rosy C. said...

You create beautiful work. Hopefully, you will decide to create your own challenges and design team. This craft has many talented designers and many wonderful Companies that are willing to sponsor if you commit yourself to the hard work. Many blessings and good luck on what you decide to do. Thanks for your creative inspiration!!!!