Jul 8, 2010

Episode 30: Plenty Requested SCAL Tutorial 2 Parts! SCAL & Cardmaking

Hey there friends,

The day flew by for me today. But i've missed you all so much. I haven't been able to get to my computer to talk to you all, my little one has been non stop mommy mode, and literally at my ankles and tugging at me all day. So Not much crafting.

I did have some time to put together this 2 part request video. I got a few emails wondering if I could do a quick video on how to make images cut-able in SCAL. I haven't done this in a long while but I thought I would give it ago now that my gypsy is out of commission!

I also recieved a few messages asking me if it was possible to covert images purchased from http://www.letteringdelights.com because they have a LOT of cricut inspired graphics. I knew today was the day when I stumbled upon MONSTER-LICIOUS and I've been dying for the Mini- monsters cartridge, but it's out of my budget for now.

I am a frugalista, and I wait until I get a cartridge really cheap before I buy one, so this is satisfying my monster urge for only 4 dollars. I noticed they have alot of cartridge look alike, Heartland USA is prety much identical to some of the cuts from Just Because Cards. Seriously I couldn't believe it.

So Here is my quick video on how to convert some images. It's pretty much the same formula no matter what image you want to tweak from Lettering Designs. Hope this helps some of you out there, I was getting slammed with questions about this on the cricut message boards and emails.








Sorry about this card, It was very late when I got around to assembling it and I was rushed because of a sleepy baby on my hand.. It's not my best work but to be honest it's a card for my 5 year old brother's Birthday that was the other day. So i'm not too worried about it.  I will make another card probably tomorrow ish using another cut from monsterlicious to better show off the cutting capabilites.

Oh note*** if you are going to convert images to cut-ables, you're better off doing them all in one sitting, so that you can have them ready whenever you get the urge to craft. Nothing worst than virtually cutting and pasting when you want to be cutting and pasting paper!!  :)

Supply Credits
Papertrey Ink- Kraft Paper
Carolyn Gavin Green House 12x12 paper
Copic Markers
Computer generated sentiment
Fiskars Squeeze me Oval Punch
Hemp Cord
Scotch Tape, ATG Tombow Mono Aqua glue



2 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Hi there, what a great tutorial! Thanks for sharing! I only have one problem: I cannot find on my Inkscape the view-option you are using in step 1 (with choosing the color). Can you help me out with this maybe? I have got the latest version of Inkscape. Thanks!
Anne-Marie
annemariejeukenvissers@yahoo.com

Scrapabookaholic said...

Thanks for the tutorial! Wow that was a lot of work!!