Jul 3, 2010

Episode 28: Piece of Cake Favor Boxes

Hey Friends ,

Today is another awesome Friend Request and it comes from Amanda, who wrote on my facebook page, that she was having a baby shower and was having a bit of a mental block when it came to creating things for the shower. I ran through a bunch of different types of things that I could showcase, a banner, an all paper flower floral arrangement, but then I decided to make a piece of cake, that is really just a piece of cake to make

Well then I said, wait how am I going to make this? I didn't have a pie box template or any sort of cartridge that had a triangle box. [Side note: you can find a box similar on Tags bags boxes and more (retired) and Tie the Knot] So I did what any other crafty woman would do, make my own. I literally had to do a bit of math to figure it out. And thank god I took those calculus courses in College!

So I will make this gypsy file available via email, if you would like it let me know and i'll be more than happy to send it your way because file sharing sites on the computer scare me! I do not know how to covert it to DS files... but if any of you out there know how to, you're more than welcome to it! I made the file using George and Basic Shapes because everyone who owns a cricut has George Preloaded on it (more info here,and yes it works)


Anyways in the video there are a few different tricks on how to make 3D prima flowers as well as tying the perfect bow using just your fingers :)

Just wanted to note that it takes 9 Triangles to make a cake layer, I did make 9 Triangles but only decorated 3 because I could not figure out for the life of me what I would do with a party favor box cake just sitting around!

Supply Credits:
Michelas white Cardstock
GCD Studios- Cloisonne Designer Paper 8x8 Pad, Double sided
Assorted Prima Flowers, I couldn't even begin to name the different types because I mix them all together!
Floral Dew drops
Pink Satin Ribbon (Michael's)
Zots, Quick dry, ATG

** if you would like the .gypsy file for this box, send me an email and I will drop it your way**










Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Krisstel said...

OMG That is so cute!!!! I totally love that!!!! I bet it took you a while to come up with the box

Amanda Villarreal said...

Thanks for doing my request! The cake is adorable :) I just cant view the video, it says unavailable! I'll try again later.

Amanda Villarreal said...

wow how creative! you did a great job. :)

Glenda S said...

Christina, Super Cute Pie Box! Can you please show how you do the bow from a different angle? I would also love it if you could send me the downloan for my gypsy. Thanks so much! Glenda
slatsinhi@yahoo.com

4sweetangels said...

You have a fun blog! Glad I stumbled up on it!

~Dorcas
http://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/

Roman said...

Thanks. I congratulate you for this blog.
I've really enjoyed. I sincerely thank you again.