Jul 10, 2010

Episode 31: Sweetheart Scrapbook Layout (8.5x11)

Hey there friends,

You ever just have a day where you hate technology?! Well today that was my day for me. I could not for the life of me get my camcorder raw video footage edited. I had recorded the episode really early this morning, and I spent all day basically fighting with every computer in the house trying to get the video onto the computer and edited and uploaded to youtube. Finally after being in a grump mood all day, had to change file formats with my computer geek's help! and then it worked!!

ALso I dont even want to begin on how much I struggled with my cricut machine. I forgot how to use the cartridges. I'm so gypsy spoiled!!! I didn't remember how to put the paper on, and setting paper size, and all sorts of other things.

I didn't even want to bother with the layers for the gumball machine, so I cut out the black out feature, and everything else in white, and just used my copic markers. ( I really wanted to match the paper colors as well)

So this video was probably the most stubborn that I worked at in a long time!

I decided to make this layout for Momo's Challenge that she has over at her blog, and the challenge was to create a "romance/love" layout. I have so many old pictures that I haven't scrapped, so I decided this was a good chance to get caught up on my scrapbooking.

This was my first attempt at an 8.5x11 scrapbook page and I love it. I got a free Horizontal Scrapbook from Creating Keepsakes and I just had to make something for it.


Supply Credits
Designer Paper- Basic Grey Off Beat
Cartridge, Sweethearts Cart page 38 GumBall Machine cut at 7 Inches, sweetheart phrase cut at 1 3/4
Bazzil Cardstock, Pomegrante Splash, Hillary, Pine Cone
Orange is from DCWV Neutrals Stack
Heartfelt Creations Clear Cardstock ( had to cut out with multicut, it's soo heavy duty)
Ribbon is from Michaels
Signo Broad White Pigment Pen
Copic Markers, I colored the whole gum ball machine with them
Tim Holtz Pumice Stone Distress ink
JOanns Essentials Neutral Eyelets
EK Success Binding Edge Border Punch
EK Success Water Brush
Paper Pizzaz Easy Stitches Template
Crop A dile
ATG, Pop dots, zig





7 comments:

Krisstel said...

So Cute!!!! What is her blog? I would love to get into another challenge!!

Jlkozar said...

That is so sweet!

Amanda Villarreal said...

What a way to take constructive criticism! LOL I always accept it but I never want to hear it hahaha. I don't do the videos but I do know some people film with the tripod in front of them, like The Pink Stamper and Emma ?? I love the layout, Ive been thinking of switching to this size too. Good job!

madebymomo said...

Awesome layout my friend! Very romantic! XOXO Momo

Cristina Garcia said...

yeah I know that some people do that, I honestly dont know if that will work for me, I will have to try it on my next video. I am kind of sporadic with my videos. I never plan anything until I'm doing it. I often have to stop and find my atg gun or pop dots, because my daughter just loves to take things and use them as toys.

I always welcome CONSTRUCTIVE criticisms it can help me becoming better at doing what I love.

I know this was a first attempt for me at this size, and it's great. I just have to see if I can find some horizontal 8.5x11 page protectors because my scrapbook that creating keepsakes gave me, only has like 10 pages!!

Sheandra said...

This is fantastic! I love the gumballs and all of the color on the page.

mum_of_two said...

This is a really cute layout! TFS