Oct 20, 2010

Companion Challenge #9

Hey Friends,

I thought I had already written this on auto-post. Guess not!

Welcome back to another companion challenge. This week I know is going to be a toughy, but you are all super creative and i'm sure will come up with something great.

With Election Day just around the corner, it is important to remember how much people have struggled and fought in order to get the Right to Vote. This week the challenge is to create a "voting reminder card" to remind someone out there, that now only does their voice matter, but their opinion counts.

Originally I had made one of the qualifications to use the image of a donkey and a elephant somewhere in your project, but I found that TOO limiting. So here is the official challenge

" Create a Election Day, Voter Reminder Card, using the colors red white and blue, somewhere in your project"
So with that being said, I hope you all really appreciate the hard work put in by this week's Crafting Companion Jill

Outside of Jill's Card
Inside of card: She made those from Create a Critter :)

Here is what Jill had to say about her project :


"This card is 5 1/2 by 4 1/4 (8 1/2 by 11 cut in half and then folded).  This was quite a challenge for me.  I support the president and I do vote but I don't know that I've ever made anything crafty that is red white and blue, lol!  So, for the recipe to this card... I wrapped red, white and blue fiber thread around the card and then printed off a little "Don't forget to vote, Your voice counts" message on my little label printer and put at the bottom.  On the inside, I made a cutsie little elephant and the donkey out of the horse on Create a Critter, lol.   This card isn't one that will sway a persons mind in one direction or the other, it is one that empowers them to look at their choices and make the best decision they think is right. "

Now for my project. I also went ahead and used a donkey & Elephant, but I gave birth to something that from now on will be referred to as "The Donkephant" I know it's Hilarious, Momo and Sarah had a big laugh over my creation, but i think it came out super cute






Here is the video, I hope you enjoy it. By the way I apologize in advance for the background crying, my daughter didn't want daddy to put her to bed, and was very cranky. I actually had to film the rest the next day :-P 











Tommorow at 10pm Eastern Time is my USTREAM Class. Hope You can Make it! 












3 comments:

ScrappyMel said...

I LOVE your Donkephant!!! How stinkin' cute!!! You are so very creative - I would never have thought to do that but what a great bi-partisian statement!! :)

Abusybee/doubleclick said...

Great Challenge!

Kloschen said...

Thanks for the great Challenge. I had a lot of fun with it