Oct 25, 2010

Guest Designer for SEI Gaby Abby Challenges

Just wanted to share with you a project that I made for Gaby and Abby SEI Challenge 

This was a bit of a challenge for me, because they provided the pattern paper and some other elements that I had to design with, and I at first thought it would be limiting, but I had to think of it more as "everything is already matched" so once I had that in my brain then it was easy to create a project.

This week the challenge was to create a project with a Halloween Candy theme, and I immediately thought of treat bags.
I created this cute treat bag using a piece of 4.5x 10.5 purple cardstock, then scored it at 4, 4.5, 5 and then 9. I folded the flaps, and then punched the edge of the top with my martha stewart drippy goo border punch.

The pattern paper is from the SEI Spooks 6x6 paper pad and is cut out at 4x3.5m and the black cardstock is measured out at 4.25 x3.75. The two ghosts are from the sei spooks diecuts, and I know you can't see it in the photo, but they are very glittery! The sentiment is from Scrappy Moms "A Haunting we will go" stamp set.

For the actual treat bag, i took a 4x9 treat bag and trimmed it down to 4.25 inches tall, and taped it to the inside of my  cardstock using my atg gun, i then filled it with yummy candy corn

I used the twist ties that come with the treat bags to tie my creation closed, I then tied a bow and used a glue dot to attach the button. My idea was that so whoever gets this doesn't have to destroy the whole bow, in order to eat the treats inside.

I hope you enjoy my project!


9 comments:

joeygirl86 said...

I love this! Great idea girly!:)

Scrapbookaholic Abby said...

I loved it!!!!! Thanks for being a Guest Designer!!!!

GabyCreates.com said...

You did a great job! and thanks for the measurements and instructions! AND THANKS for being a Guest Designer for Gaby Abby Challenges!!
Gaby

Jennifer said...

Christina,

That is super cute!!! :) I love the SEI paper (perfect colors) and the way you thought to use the twistie tie (to save the bow)!

Thanks for sharing,

Jennifer

Abusybee/doubleclick said...

Great idea! It is super cuter!

EllenM said...

very cute Cristina :)

Erika- Cricutlove said...

Really cute treat bag!!

Kim T said...

Aww so cute any tricker would love this treat.
Kim xXx

Thecreativeprincess said...

This is awesome! Next year when I have more time I am totally going to make some of these cuties up to hand out! I have already saved your instructions! Great instructions by the way!
Tara