Oct 18, 2010

Sneak Peak #2 A Pinch & A Dash

Hey There Friends,

I'm continuing to provide you all with some fun sneak peaks of the newest Scrappy Moms Stamp Set: A Pinch & A Dash.

The moment I saw this stamp set this was the first sentiment that I wanted to use. But I didn't know how feasible it was to create it. I had recieved a slider card from a friend, and I lovingly unassembled it (dont worry I put it back together ) to see how she made it. The trick is to use an exacto knife to make a small channel and then use a brad as a slider.


Toaster slider card



Toaster slider card

This card is 5x7 sized. I cut out the toaster from "From My Kitchen" at 6 inches, and I used my scissors to trim off the cord. I then used my Make the Cut Software to design a piece of toast using circles and a rounded circle (welded them together) in hindsight I could've used my gypsy, but it was charging.

The Pattern Paper is from my Stash. I used my fiskars uppercrest punch to make a fun side border, and tied a bow with some bright blue ribbon. 3 Buttons finish off this retro inspired card. I hope you enjoy it

13 comments:

Christy said...

This is an awesome project! Very crafty! WOW!

Thanks for sharing! I am now a follower....hope you can do the same! I am in a blog hop right now with some blog candy to give away! Hope you can stop by!

http://christysscrappin.blogspot.com/

LiveloveandSCRAP said...

ARE YOU FLIPPING KIDDING ME...lol!!! You did it and it is even cuter then I pictured!!!!! Look at you =) You had soooo many GREAT ideas last night...cant wait to see more!!!!!!!

Cristina Garcia said...

Aww thanks so much sarah!! I guess from now on I need to come up with ideas for crafting when i'm dead tired :)

Hugs

ScrappyMel said...

OMGosh - this is the CUTEST EVER!!! I have to know exactly how it works - does the toast pull up and push down?

This card is sooooooo adorable!!! :)

Tammy said...

Christina! I am not just saying this but this is THE CUTEST, MOST ADORABLE... card EVER!!!! I LOVE LOVE IT!♥Tammy

joeygirl86 said...

How fun!! I love how the toast pops up! Cute idea!

LaurensCreative said...

Super cute! What an awesome idea! TFS!

Abusybee said...

SO fun and adorable!

Amanda C said...

This is the cutest Cristina! So creative!

GabyCreates.com said...

Super cute and creative!!

lizpaperloft said...

what a creative idea! just adorable! love that stamp too!
liz :o)

Kim T said...

This is really cute and a great idea, love it.
Kim xXx

Amy said...

Wow this is very similar to mine! I guess great minds think alike!!! :) The first thing I thought about was a toaster when I saw that stamp...
Amy
redheadedcrafter.blogspot.com