Oct 27, 2010

First Christmas Card of the year

I know it's not even halloween yet, but I feel like christmas is just around the corner!!!!

Does anyone else feel that way. I thought I would get a start on some of my christmas cards for this year. And I always tend to go simple when I have a few to make, I thought I would share this really simple card that is quick and easy to make multipes of. The secret is using double sided paper
 Ok so the designer paper I used here is discontinued, I picked it up at my local scrapbook store in the clearance pile Daisy Bucket Designs, Astor Park Collection, Browning Street. I'm not sure if it is actual "christmas paper" but it had reds and greens in it, and I thought why not give it a try.

The paper is 12x12 and I only ended up using a 2 inch strip of it. The one strip is 1.5x 3.75 punched with my fiskars apron lace punch , and the second is just 1/2 x3.5. The magic of double sided paper that it instantly coordinates  :)

The snowwman is cut from Winter Woodland at 4 inches.  I used Frosted lace stickles on her hat and heart. The tag is cut from Once upon a princess at 1.75 inches and  The stamp is from Scrappy Moms "Winter Wishes" I stamped it used my Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Ink. Everything else is inked with Frayed Burlap. Lastely I added some black eyelets, and tied a double bow to finish the card.

Hope you like it

12 comments:

ScrappyMel said...

This card is so ADORABLE!! I love how simple it is to put together - but the finish project is stunning! Your double loop green bow is wonderful too! :)

Jenny kozar said...

Cute!!!

Minmaui said...

Awesome card...simple yet it makes a great impression.

Celeste B. said...

Beautiful! I love the bow! :) TFS!

Gina said...

This is absolutely adorable! I love it! so cute and easy. Thanks for the information, Id like to make these too. You ROCK! Thank you again!

Abusybee/doubleclick said...

This is so sweet! Adorable snow-person!

GabyCreates.com said...

Cute-- I am ready for Xmas!
Gaby
gabycreates.com

joeygirl86 said...

Love it! Even though it's simple, it's so pretty!

Thecreativeprincess said...

I just love that nice big bow! Great job!
Tara

Samantha Bruce said...

I love this card its so cute and simple, just perfect for xmas!

Hermes Handbags said...

Christmas gives a woman's best gift hermes handbags.

Hermes Handbags said...

Christmas gives a woman's best gift hermes handbags.